24th May 2014, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

Is NET or PET compulsory for me to do PhD being Senior Research Fellow under ICMRI?

I AM WORKING AS SENIOR RESEARCH FELLOW UNDER ONE OF THE INDIAN COUNCIL OF MEDICAL RESEARCH INSTITUE, MUMBAI. I HAVE DONE M.Sc BIOTECHNOLOGY FROM RECOGNISED UNIVERSITY AND I HAVE 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN RESEARCH. I WANT TO DO Ph.D.
SO PLEASE TELL ME IS IT NECESSARY TO PASS THE ENTRANCE EXAM FOR Ph.D? AND IF YES WHICH EXAM I HAVE TO PASS?
PLEASE REPLY ASAP

29th May 2014, 09:57 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is NET or PET compulsory for me to do PhD being Senior Research Fellow under ICMRI?

As my dear friend you want to know about your problem that whether entrance exam is necessary or not for the study of PhD research.

So I am going to clearing your doubts and also tried to solve your problem as far as possible. So as you have mentioned here that you are a senior research line student so as I think that you have also cleared the NET exam as you have already entered in to the junior research study.

But as you are saying you want to do PhD so for that you need to apply for PET exam because experience doesn't matter here. You need to apply for PET exam and need to crack that exam in order to take admission in the PhD research study.

For PET exam minimum eligibility criteria is--

a) One need to have a post Graduate Degree(Master Degree) Examination with at least 50% marks or equivalent Grade Point Average(GPA).

b) One need to have passed Post-Graduate Degree (Master Degree) Examination Law Faculty with at least 55%.

c) 5% relaxation for reserve category students of Maharashtra State only as per govt rules.

So friend i hope so your doubt is cleared and now you can go for the PET exam and after that you may do your PhD.

Thanks.
11th February 2021, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is NET or PET compulsory for me to do PhD being Senior Research Fellow under ICMRI?

I have created net exam.then is it necessary to clear pet exam for ding ph d
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?