12th May 2014, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Simple topics in Mathematics/Operations research to do PhD?

hai i am newly strarted to ask questions and i want to do phd. I i want simple topic in mathematics/operations research to do phd. please reply me

20th March 2023, 09:46 PM
SheldonPatrickEverson

Default Re: Simple topics in Mathematics/Operations research to do PhD?

Here are some broad areas in which you can look for a research topic:

1. Optimization theory: This involves developing mathematical models to find the best solution to a problem. You can explore topics such as linear programming, integer programming, non-linear programming, etc.

2. Game theory: This is a branch of mathematics that deals with decision-making in competitive situations. You can explore topics such as Nash equilibrium, repeated games, etc.

3. Graph theory: This is the study of graphs and networks. You can explore topics such as coloring problems, shortest path algorithms, etc.

4. Operations research: This is the application of mathematical models and techniques to optimize complex systems. You can explore topics such as supply chain management, logistics, scheduling, etc.

5. Numerical analysis: This involves developing numerical algorithms for solving mathematical problems. You can explore topics such as numerical integration, differential equations, etc.

These are just a few examples, and there are many other areas in which you can do research in mathematics or operations research. It is important to choose a topic that aligns with your interests and skills, and that has the potential to make a significant contribution to the field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?