6th October 2017, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Syllabus and pattern to prepare for NEST exam

Sir, I am studying in 12th and want to get admission in National Institute of Science Education and Research through NEST exam. Send me syllabus and pattern to prepare for NEST exam?

8th October 2017, 06:06 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Syllabus and pattern to prepare for NEST exam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am studying in 12th and want to get admission in National Institute of Science Education and Research through NEST exam. Send me syllabus and pattern to prepare for NEST exam?

NEST stands for (National Entrance Screening Test).

>> To apply for NEST exam minimum qualification required is 10+2 from government recognized board. Candidate appearing in 10+2 are also eligible to apply for NEST exam.

>> Minimum age required to apply for NEST exam is 18 years, Relaxation of 5 years in upper age limit for SC/ST category candidate.

>> Applicant must have scored at least 60% marks in 10+2, relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST category candidates.

Exam Details and Syllabus for NEST Exam:-

>> NEST exam consists of 5 sections of multiple choice objective type questions and only in English language.

:- Section 1 is general section and carries 30 marks and there is no negative marking in general section.

:- Section 2 to section 5 is based on Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and each carries 50 marks.

Important Dates for Upcoming NEST Exam:-

:- Date of announcement for NEST exam:- 26- December- 2017.

:- Last date of application:- March- 2018.

:- Date of NEST exam:- May- 2018.

:- Announcement of result:- jun- 2018.

>> For more details please visit www.nestexam.in
10th October 2017, 12:04 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Syllabus and pattern to prepare for NEST exam

In order to appear in NEST (National Entrance Screening Test), you must have completed 12th standard or its equivalent examination in Science discipline with at least 60% marks from any recognized university.
NEST question pattern:
The question paper of NEST entrance exam consist of 5 sections of objective type questions carrying 60 marks in each section.
Section-1 is the general section and is compulsory for all applicants, also there will be no negative marking in general section. From section-2 to section-5 contain subject specific questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
There is no specific syllabus for general section, so I would suggest you to follow the NCERT/CBSE Science syllabus of class XI and class XII.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?