28th October 2022, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

Will CSIR UGC NET exam in environment science held twice in a year for sure?

Am a btech environmental engg student. In csir hrd website i found exam wer conducted in 6 major areas like life science etc...but in other websites i found there is separate exams in environmental sci and found paper 1 and paper 2 question paper nd syllabus.am confused about it. Will you clearly explain wheather csir net conducts exam for this particular subject.if so how to appky for it

31st October 2022, 12:41 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will CSIR UGC NET exam in environment science held twice in a year for sure?

The CSIR UGC NET examination is a national-level eligibility test and is conducted twice a year in June and December by the National Testing Agency(NTA). It is a computer-based mode examination for five papers namely Life Sciences, Earth Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Chemical Science, and Physical Science papers.

For Environmental Science you can apply for CSIR UGC NET Earth Science. The educational qualification required is a candidate must have passed a master's degree in the relevant field with a minimum score of 55% marks from a recognized board. The maximum age limit to appear for the CSIR NET examination is 28 years. I am also giving you the CSIR NET website link for your reference that is https://csirnet.nta.nic.in/
31st October 2022, 02:29 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will CSIR UGC NET exam in environment science held twice in a year for sure?

For your information I would like to let you know that UGC NET is held for environmental science discipline and this examination comprises of two papers which are Paper I which is a General Paper on Research and Teaching Aptitude and Paper II which is discipline specific.

But, CSIR NET is not conducted particularly for Environmental science paper.

For complete details regarding UGC NET, you can refer to the link https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/ while for details regarding CSIR NET, you can refer to the link https://csirnet.nta.nic.in/.
31st October 2022, 06:19 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The very first thing I would like to make clear the CSIR NET is not held for a subject called environmental science but UGC NET is held for Environmental Science paper separately.

Also, the UGC NET examination pattern comprises two papers namely Paper I which is a General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude and is applicable for all candidates appearing in the same examination with any subject as their optional subject while the Paper II of the same examination is discipline-specific paper based on the subject opted by candidate as an optional subject for appearing in the same examination.

Further, both CSIR NET and UGC NET are held twice every year by NTA and for complete details regarding these examinations, you can refer to their respective official links which are www.csirnet.nta.nic.in and www.ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
31st October 2022, 08:37 PM
aryaanfreelancer
Senior Member++

CSIR UGC NET exam in environment science is usually held twice a year, in June and December.

Refer to the following link for more information:
https://www.csirhrdg.res.in/
2nd November 2022, 03:04 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

CSIR UGC NET is conducted twice a year in June and December.
Candidates must score atleast 33% in General , EWS and OBC category and 25% in the SC/ST and PwD category .
The cutoff is determined by considering the total number of applicants , the number of positions available and the difficulty level of question paper.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?