26th December 2016, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for CA CPT being 27 years old? Is there any hope for me?

With All honesty I never cared for my exams right from my school days till the time I cleared CA-CPT and I have already wasted, I think that's what i did by not giving my best shot and thinking that in CA people often fail then they pass and this attitude of mine has lead me into a big trouble , because when I look back I have only regrets and nothing to please me or make me happy , being a below average student mainly because of lack of fighting attitude and lack of sense of responsibility towards my own career.

I registered myself with ICAI in nov 2012 after completing graduation from Mumbai University, I gave two attempts for CA-CPT after that working in a call center thinking that I will be able to clear it with ease and that's what lead to my downfall and even then i didn't realize that i am not just wasting time but also i am loosing all the possibilities of making a good career and more than that i am keeping my parents away from the happiness that they deserve ,sticking with a Call center job and apart from preparing for a few govt job i did nothing till this June when i gave June CPT attempt and cleared it this time

Now I have realized what it takes to be a CA , i wanted you to guide me and help me rather , "is there still any opportunity left for me to have a my dream fulfilled or have i wasted a major part of it already?".

I am very motivated and the hunger to succeed is like it was never before and I am experiencing this every day and I want to become a CA at any cost but is it too late now? I am 27 now.

27th December 2016, 03:19 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for CA CPT being 27 years old? Is there any hope for me?

There is no upper age limit to apply for CA CPT, you can surely apply for it now. Just be prepared for it, so that you can qualify it easily.

At the moment your age is 27, which is not a problem as far as eligibility is concerned. Just apply and start preparation.
27th December 2016, 07:16 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for CA CPT being 27 years old? Is there any hope for me?

CPT stands for Common Proficiency Test. It is the entrance test for admission in the Chartered Accountancy course. Institute of Cost Accountants of India conducts CPT twice a year generally in the month of June and December.

Yes, definitely you can appear for CA CPT at an age of 27 as there is no age limit to apply for the test.

Eligibility criteria to apply for CPT are as under :-

-The candidate must have passed 10+2 with any percentage of marks from a recognized board of Education. Candidates awaiting for their results can also appear for the CPT exam.

Syllabus for the CPT exam :

Accounting,

Mercantile Laws,

General Economics, and

Quantitative Aptitude .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?