23rd January 2019, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for ICAI program after completing MCom course?

Hello everyone, I have completed my MCom Degree from a reputed university. Now, I want to study ICAI course. So, I would like to know that I can apply for the course or not? Please help me to know about this asap. Thank you!

29th January 2019, 08:05 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for ICAI program after completing MCom course?

Yes, you can apply for ICAI course after completion of your M.Com course. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination are eligible to apply. Graduates/ Postgraduates in Commerce stream with minimum aggregate of 55% marks from a recognised institute are exempted from appearing in CPT examination. So, being a M.Com degree holder, if you have secured at least 55% aggregate marks, you can directly register for ICAI course.
29th January 2019, 11:31 AM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for ICAI program after completing MCom course?

Yes, you can apply for ICAI program after completing MCom course. Students who have passed B.Com/M.Com with an aggregate a minimum of 55% of the total marks or other than those falling under Commerce discipline having secured in aggregate a minimum of 60% of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination are exempted from qualifying Common Proficiency Test (CPT). They can register directly in the Intermediate (IPC) Course.

For detailed information, you should visit the below mentioned website link.
https://students.icai.org/?page_id=7066
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?