10th March 2022, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MCA if did BSc Computer Science in 2014?

I have completed my bsc comp sci in 2014 with abv 70%..now i am planning to do mca. Am i able to do mca? Because I have no work experience since from complete of bsc till now..if i can do mca means wat r the steps i have 2 follow 2 join in good college as well as in less fees. Please reply me soon...

12th March 2022, 12:28 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MCA if did BSc Computer Science in 2014?

After a long gap of completing Graduation degree, you can do MCA from any open university in distance learning mode. Also, you have to pay fewer fees in open university.
12th March 2022, 12:53 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you can do Post graduate degree any time,no age restriction for this course.
13th March 2022, 03:49 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Yes , one can do MCA after completing BSc computer science.
Admission to MCA is done on merit basis like
BIT MCA
VIT MEE
MAH MCA CET
UPSEE etc

The lateral entry MCA course is 2 year duration program for students who hold bachelor's degree in computer application.
14th March 2022, 10:40 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do MCA if you did BSc in Computer Science in 2014, it depends on your answers or reasons for the gap years. The minimum educational qualification required is a candidate must have passed a bachelor's degree in computer science or BCA from a recognized university and there is no age limit to apply for this course. Admission selection can be either done through an entrance test or on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination. The admission process and minimum score may vary from college to college.
14th March 2022, 03:59 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° MCA is one of the most popular post graduate courses in India and it is also known as master of computer applications.
Candidate need to hold a bachelor's degree in computer applications, computer science, Science, Commerce, Arts, Engineering or relevant field from an approved university.
Candidates need to secure an aggregate of at least 50% aggregate in the UG exam.
Candidates need to have a mandatory subject mathematics as one of the subjects in 12th grade.

Hence, you are eligible to pursue MCA after pursuing BSc in computer science.
14th March 2022, 08:52 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Can I do MCA if did BSc Computer Science in 2014?

Master of Computer Application is a postgraduate course that trains the students about the various aspects of computer programs, application software, computer architecture, operating systems and many more.

The duration of the course is for a period of 2 years.
14th March 2022, 09:07 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely pursue MCA (Master of Computer Application) degree course even having completed your B.Sc. in Computer Science degree course in 2014 as gap after the B.Sc. degree does not effects the eligibility for pursuing MCA degree course unless a institute has some age criteria or additional criteria regarding the gap year.

Further, to pursue MCA degree course from top colleges you need to qualify MCA entrance examinations like NIMCET, JNU MCA entrance test, DU MCA entrance exam etc. .
14th March 2022, 10:11 PM
Muskan Ahmad

Yes ofcourse you can do MCA after completing Bsc(computer), Bsc(maths) , or BCA.
There is no problem with the year gap some college might need year gap certificate and you can easily apply fot that.
15th March 2022, 01:39 AM
Msdhoni02

Can I do MCA if did BSc in Computer Science in 2014?

Yes, you can do MCA after BSc in computer science. MCA is a 3-year postgraduate degree and it will provide you exposure to many subjects of a computer.

Admission is on a merit basis or on entrance exams like BIT MCA, VIT MEE, MAH MCA CET, UPSEE, etc.
15th March 2022, 08:49 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do MCA after Bsc computetr science. MCA is a 3 year postgraduate degree and it will provide you exposure to many subjects of computer. Admission is on merit basis or on entrance exams like BIT MCA, VIT MEE, MAH MCA CET, UPSEE etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?