13th July 2019, 01:39 AM
Unregistered

Can I study correspondence MCom being an English graduate?

Hi Sir/Madam, I have completed my BA course in English Honours. I want to know that can I study MCom course in correspondence mode now? I am interested to study MCom. So, I can from correspondence mode?

15th July 2019, 12:12 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study correspondence MCom being an English graduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir/Madam, I have completed my BA course in English Honours. I want to know that can I study MCom course in correspondence mode now? I am interested to study MCom. So, I can from correspondence mode?

Yes, you can study the MCom through distance mode after completion of English graduation in some universities like IGNOU. Candidates who have completed a Bachelor’s Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible to study Master of Commerce (MCom) in Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). There is no age limit to study the MCom course at IGNOU and the duration of the MCom course is 2 years in IGNOU. You can find the details in the website link given http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutignou/school/soms/programmes/detail/132/2
15th July 2019, 07:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't pursue MCom on the basis of BA English honours. You need to have a BCom degree if you want to pursue masters in the same field. Just make sure you have got the right degree.

On the basis of BA English honours, you can go for MA English or any other masters degree which accepts any stream graduates like MBA.
15th July 2019, 07:38 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to pursue M.Com after completing B.A English.
There is no any restriction in changing stream or subject. You can change stream without any objection.
15th July 2019, 09:40 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in M.Com. It is two year course.

The eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in commerce, economics or business management course.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in the course.
15th July 2019, 09:48 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Candidates with bachelor degree in English are not eligible to pursue M.Com.

The eligibility to pursue M.Com course is that candidate must have completed the bachhelor degree in Commerce/ Economis/ BMS etc.

Entrance examination is conducted by most of the colleges for admission in the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?