19th April 2019, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I study MTech(Computational Seismology) in IIT-Kharagpur being a BTech(CSE) student?

Hello Sir/Madam, I am a student of BTech(CSE). I want to do MTech(Computational Seismology) from IIT-Kharagpur. I would like to know that can I do this MTech course? Waiting for your response. Thank you!

28th April 2019, 05:08 AM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MTech(Computational Seismology) in IIT-Kharagpur being a BTech(CSE) student?

Sorry, but you are not eligible to study this course.

Basic requirements to study M.Tech (Computational Seismology) course are as follows:-
Course Eligibility - Candidate must have completed their B.E/ B.Tech (Computational Seismology) with at least 50% aggregate or Equivalent CGPA.

Admission Criteria - Candidate must have to qualify in Entrance examination conducted by the University itself.
29th April 2019, 07:45 PM
Warrior6782
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I study MTech(Computational Seismology) in IIT-Kharagpur being a BTech(CSE) student?

No you cannot study M.Tech (Computational Seismology) in IIT- Kharagpur being a B.Tech computer science engineering subject (CSE) student because to pursue M.Tech in (Computer seismology) you need to have a B.Tech degree in Computer Seismology with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA.
2nd May 2019, 02:30 PM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can certainly pursue M.Tech in Computational Seismology in IIT-Kharagpur after completing B.tech in CSE.

You can change your branch in M.tech. If you want to take admission in IIT-Kharagpur than you have to apply for GATE examination . Once you receive a valid score card than you apply for the admission in IIT.
3rd May 2019, 07:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to have a B.Tech degree in computational seismology from a recognised institute with a valid GATE score in the same subject to become eligible for M.Tech in the same field at IIT Kharagpur.

Admission will be on merit and you need to have an excellent GATE score to get admission at your choice of IIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?