29th January 2019, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study MSc(Computer Science) in IGNOU for BCom(H) student?

Hello everyone, I want to study MSc with Computer Science. I am studying BCom(H) course. So, I am eligible to do this MSc course from IGNOU? Please let me know about this as soon as possible. Waiting for your response!

9th February 2019, 03:21 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study MSc(Computer Science) in IGNOU for BCom(H) student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone, I want to study MSc with Computer Science. I am studying BCom(H) course. So, I am eligible to do this MSc course from IGNOU? Please let me know about this as soon as possible. Waiting for your response!

The IGNOU offers only MSc (Mathematics with Applications in Computer Science) course. Eligibility to study the MSc (Mathematics with Applications in Computer Science) course in IGNOU is given below:

>> Candidates who have obtained graduation from a recognized university with a Major or Honors in Mathematics with minimum 50% marks in aggregate

If seats remain vacant:

Candidates with a BA / BSc degree with Mathematics as one of the three main subjects and securing minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 55% marks in mathematics are considered

Therefore, if you fulfill the above requirements, then you are eligible.
9th February 2019, 05:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study MSc(Computer Science) in IGNOU for BCom(H) student?

You need to have either a BCA or BSc IT or CS degree or a normal degree with maths at class 12th level. This is the minimum criteria for admission in M.Sc computer science course.

Admission will be on the basis of entrance exam conducted by the concerned university. Just make sure you are well prepared for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?