5th February 2015, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

Whether MCA course is available in IIT Roorkee?

Hello sir. I am bsc graduate 2014. I am very much interested in doing mca from iit roorkee. I have seen the syllabus and eligibilty from your website. I just want to know whether the mca course is available or not in iit roorkee for the year 2015. I have heard rumours that mca course has been removed from iit's. Is it true? I have 7-8 months of preparation time. It will be a golden chance for me to get into iit's. Please reply.
Thank you.

5th February 2015, 07:39 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether MCA course is available in IIT Roorkee?

IIT, Roorkee offers Master of Computer Applications (M.C.A) course and the information what you heard about removal of MCA course from IIT's is not right. To get admission in M.C.A course at IIT Roorkee, you need to appear in JAM (Joint Admission Test to MCA) examination. By qualifying and securing good rank in JAM examination, you can get admission in MCA course at IIT Roorkee.
5th February 2015, 09:51 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, MCA Course is available in IIT Roorkee. The rumor what have you heard is absolutely wrong, and here is the detailed information given below.

List of Post Graduate Programmes offered by IIT (Roorkee):

>> Master of Computer Applications (MCA) - Interdisciplinary

>> Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Management Studies

>> M.Sc Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Mathematics, Biotechnology

>> M.Tech Chemistry, Physics and Earth Sciences

>> P.G.Diploma (Hydrology, Water Resources Development and Management)

>> PG Programmes in Engineering and Architecture (M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.U.R.P)

Master of Computer Applications (MCA) course comes under "Mathematics" courses of study. So Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee offers MCA course, so you can avail the opportunity. And so you can make your dream come true, as IIT Roorkee offers MCA Course.

Click here for IIT, Roorkee PG Programmes

Click here for IIT Roorkee Courses of Study
9th April 2015, 09:26 PM
kunalroy89

Whatever you heard about removal of MCA from IIT Roorkee is plain rumor and hoax. No such steps has been taken.IIT Roorkee still allows admission to candidates for MCA.
From year 2005 admissions to MCA programme at IIT Roorkee are also made through JAM which were previously through AIMCET.
For more information on JAM,you can check the website of JAM which is built every year by the conducting institute.
You can check at the website of IIT Roorkee at www.iitr.ac.in/academics
25th October 2015, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I like to do mca now I am in bca second year.when should I apply for entrance examinations.can I apply it in my last sem.pls reply.
14th August 2016, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

sir, right now i am doing BCA distance education from integral university lucknow . And intermediate in Bio. Group, sir please tell me what can i do admission in MCA in iit roorkee?
22nd September 2017, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

Good morning sir. Actually I want to ask sir I have done bsc with physics chemistry in 3rd yr till second year I have study maths also, can I also eligible for MCA in entrance exam. I had also study computer science till 12th. I want to know whether only bca and bsc it student is eligible for MCA. Or we can also do it.sir please reply.
17th February 2018, 02:16 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am doing BCA and i don't have mathematics in high school... and i read information for MCA entrance that student should have mathematics in 12 class.. is that true.. and if this is true then what is the criteria to take admission in IIT Rorkee for MCA..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?