24th March 2015, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I get job in any reputed private firm through GATE if completing B.Tech(EEE)?

Hello,
I have completed my B.Tech in EEE
and preparing for GATE. I am planning
to get job through GATE. Suppose I will
not be able to get job in PSU then
I can eligible to get job in any reputed Private firm
through GATE?

31st March 2015, 06:40 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get job in any reputed private firm through GATE if completing B.Tech(EEE)?

I am extremely sorry to state that you cannot get job in private sector on the basis of GATE score. GATE score is accepted by various PSUs like ONGC, NTPC, IOCL, etc. The private companies either go for on-campus recruitment drives or recruit through off-campus in which they conduct their own written test followed by interviews round. GATE score is not accepted by them, however, some core companies also ask for GATE score especially the core ones during the interview so it can also be a parameter but each company has its own process of recruitment.
7th April 2015, 01:54 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Smile Re: Can I get job in any reputed private firm through GATE if completing B.Tech(EEE)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have completed my B.Tech in EEE
and preparing for GATE. I am planning
to get job through GATE. Suppose I will
not be able to get job in PSU then
I can eligible to get job in any reputed Private firm
through GATE?
Hello there,

first of all GATE score is required for taking Admission in the reputed Colleges like IIT and NIT and not for the job in the reputed firm. So, you need minimum of 25 marks to Qualify GATE if you comes under General category. For Getting Job you must have Technical Skill with you and you must have minimum of 60% marks in 10th, 12th and B.E.

Hope i am clear to you.
Thanks for Posting in EALP !!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?