31st July 2015, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

Which course can a B.Com student pursue for Bank PO exams?

I am a B.Com 1st year student. I will start preparing for Bank PO in 3rd year. So what other courses can i do at present which will help me in bank job exams?

31st July 2015, 11:55 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which course can a B.Com student pursue for Bank PO exams?

For PO, there is no special course needed to apply for this examination, but you must have knowledge in basic computer operations. To apply for PO, you should have completed graduate degree in any desired subject from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. Your age should be between 20 years and 30 years.

For Clerical, you must be certified in diploma in computer application or you must have completed degree in computer course. Computer Certificate is mandatory for clerical examination. To apply for clerical, you should have completed graduate degree in any desired subject from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. Your age should be between 20 years and 30 years.
1st August 2015, 12:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a B.Com 1st year student. I will start preparing for Bank PO in 3rd year. So what other courses can i do at present which will help me in bank job exams?
If you have completed B.Com degree then you are eligible for Bank jobs. Bank jobs doesn't not required any course.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI clerk exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
1st August 2015, 12:38 AM
Sam James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There is no mandatory courses for bank PO exams other than the requirement that the candidate has to pass the graduation level with difference in reservation criteria accordingly. Some private banks provide courses for direct recruitment to those banks, but they are self financing courses. All PSE banks and nationalized banks make use of IBPS exams for recruitment. For clearing IBPS you must practice in quantitative aptitude , reasoning and mathematical ability along with verbal abilities. No particular courses are required for the same. But you may enroll for short term courses for aptitude practice or you can do it yourself at home with the help of some guide books. "Quantitative Aptitude" By DR.R S Aggarwal is a good book.
1st August 2015, 12:45 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No need to do separate courses for Bank PO Exams. Actually you need to have good basic knowledge on computers. There is No need to tale coaching for all the Basics. But coming to the Written Exams there will be a Section called " Computer Knowledge. There you will be asked by questions like " Operating System, Data base Internet and some other Topics.

As you said you are preparing for Bank PO Exams while from 3rd year onwards. And it is a good news and you should concentrate both on Computer Knowledge and Other topics.

Don't stick to one subject while preparing to Bank Exams.
1st August 2015, 05:11 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

There is no need for any course. After completing your B.Com degree you can apply for Bank PO exams. You can do some computer course that will help you in computer awareness part of PO exam. You can pursue any basic computer course with Excel and Word.
Also you can join any coaching Institute for Aptitude, General Awareness and Data Interpretation.
1st August 2015, 08:53 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As you are a B.Com 1st year student, I suggest you to concentrate well of B.Com Studies. Yes, it is very much suggestible that you need to concentrate on your Graduate Studies rather Banking Examinations. There is a lot of time for you to appear in Bank Probationary Officer Recruitment Examinations. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appear in Bank PO Examination is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Or else candidates who are pursuing their Final year are also eligible to appear in Bank PO Examinations. So you will be pursuing Final year of B.Com after 2 years, so I suggest you to concentrate on B.Com studies first because passing educational qualification successfully is the most important factor here. Yes I suggest you concentate well and get good command over Reasoning, General English, General Awareness (Current Affairs and Banking Awareness) and Quantitative Aptitude sections to get good score in Bank PO Examination.
1st August 2015, 10:09 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Hello Friend..

You have set your target in the very early stage.. It's nice..

**You have to do a certificate course in computer.. As it increases your chances to be selected in interview of Bank PO exam..

Following are the things you have to do to increases your chances in PO exam:

--read a good newspaper as it creates fluency in english and it is one of the section in Bank PO exam and also updates you regarding the current affairs..

--solve Numerical Ability question as much as possible..

--Do Reasoning Questions too regularly..

--you can also join some test series to increase the speed and accuracy..

All the Best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?