18th June 2016, 03:46 PM
srishti sarver

Is Maths compulsory to make career in Banking field?

Sir I have completed my 12th with commerce stream but without maths. And I want to make my career in banking field. Is maths compulsory in banking?

19th June 2016, 11:57 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Maths compulsory to make career in Banking field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishti sarver View Post
Sir I have completed my 12th with commerce stream but without maths. And I want to make my career in banking field. Is maths compulsory in banking?
No, Mathematics is not compulsory to make career in Banking field. The eligibility for a job in Banking field is any graduation degree from a recognized university.
The aspirant has to appear for a written test to qualify for the interview. Private banks also conducts written test in various centers in India. They will release the notification in the banks websites, you have to apply online. After short listing you will be called for the written test. If you clear the test then you will be called for an interview. The Mathematics is not compulsory for a job in banking field.
19th June 2016, 06:32 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

There is no such restriction applicable in order to make career in Banking Field. Before you get into Banking Field, I suggest you to know the basic educational qualification and age criteria required to apply for banking based examinations.

Educational Qualification Required:

* Candidates must have completed "Bachelor Degree" or "Graduate Degree" in ANY DISCIPLINE from a recognized university.

* As any discipline in Graduation is allowed, I am sure you are certainly eligible to get into Banking field. You may go ahead with B.Com course after 12th Class Commerce to get into banking field.

* The minimum age required is 21 years and the maximum age must not exceed 28 years and there will be an age relaxation for reserved category candidates.
19th June 2016, 09:57 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You have completed your 12th standard with commerce stream and want to make career in banking field. You want to know whether Math is compulsory for getting job in banking sector.

>>No, Math is not compulsory for getting job in banking sector. For getting eligible in banking sector exams student must possess graduation from a recognized university. It does not matter whether you have maths subject in 12th standard or not.

>>Every year IBPS and SBI conducts exam for the recruitment of PO and clerk officers. So in my opinion there is no need to worry about it. You have to firstly get admission in graduation course and after completion of graduation degree you are eligible for bank PO/ clerk exam. You can start your preparation for bank exams in the meanwhile of your graduation course.
19th June 2016, 11:07 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If your aim is PSU bank job then there is no need of maths at class 12th or even degree level. Selection in a PSU bank as a clerk or PO is based on the performance in written exam and interview.

At the moment you need a degree qualification to become eligible for most of the banking jobs. The best option will be a B.Com degree which is quite similar to a banking field.
20th June 2016, 12:50 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
No, Mathematics is not compulsory for banking sector.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized University then you are eligible for Banking sector like SBI and IBPS.

Your age should be in between 18 to 30 years.
23rd June 2016, 06:40 PM
pritam15551
Junior Member+

Quote:
NO Math is not compulsory but during the exam you have to prepare maths. But they only prefer graduates or postgraduates. They don't ask for maths background
25th May 2018, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed my 12th from science stream without maths.can i make career in banking field without maths.
25th June 2018, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

For going to banking field and for entrance exam maths is not come up to class 10th
28th June 2018, 09:28 AM
merjam

Quote:
Even though Maths is not compulsory in banking jobs as eligibility the IBPS exam has quantitative analysis test which is a rigorous mathematical test.
So prepare well for the IBPS exam with more importance given to quantitative analysis if you have not gone through Maths in graduation level.
9th April 2020, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

Sir which course is best for banking sector.now I passed class 12 with commerce.
14th April 2020, 04:03 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Red face Re: Is Maths compulsory to make career in Banking field?

Mathematics is not compulsory for bank job. The only criteria is that you have completed graduation. But bank competitive examination included maths a subject to solve. Therefore, maths student have easy to attend the bank selection test.

Quantitative Aptitude. It is one of the most important and scoring subject for candidates preparing for the banking exams.

t
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?