14th September 2019, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

Admission procedure for 5th standard in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Sector 25 Chandigarh?

I want to admit my son in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Sector 25 Chandigarh for 5th standard. I would like to know about the procedure for getting admission in this school for 5th standard. Can anyone of you please help me to know about the admission procedure?

30th September 2019, 12:30 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission procedure for 5th standard in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Sector 25 Chandigarh?

You are not eligible to admit your ward in std 5th in JNV.

JNV conducts entrance examination for admission in std VIth and std IXth.

So, you will have to wait for the next year, if eligible for next year to get admission in std VIth.

Admission is offered only after qualifying in the admission test.
30th September 2019, 02:03 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission procedure for 5th standard in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Sector 25 Chandigarh?

The first thing I would like to let you know is that JNVs (Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya) across India offers admission in Class VI, Class IX and Class XI. Further, the admission to Class VI and Class IX is offered through the entrance examination while admissions to Class XI is merit based.

So, it is not possible for anyone to get admitted to Class V of any JNV and therefore your query regarding the admission procedure for Class 5 of JNV Sector 25, Chandigarh is not valid.

For details and updates regarding JNV admissions, you can refer to the link https://navodaya.gov.in/nvs/en/Home1#.
30th September 2019, 06:49 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You cannot admit your son in std 5th. The minimum required qualification to get admission in JNV is that candidate must be pursuing in std 5th.

Candidates pursuing in std 5th are eligible to appear for admission in std 6th in JNV.

Entrance examination is conducted by JNV to get admission in std 6th not for admission in std 5th.

So, you will have to wait for the next year if want to get admission in JNV.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?