1st November 2017, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

Age criteria to get admission in 6th standard in Kendriya Vidyalaya?

Sir, I am studying in 5th from Jharkhand Board and my age is 13 years. I want to know can I apply for 6th standard entrance exam of Kendriya Vidyalaya?

Related Questions:
  1. Requirements to get 6th standard admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya, Ezhimala for 5th standard student? -- [New]
  2. Admission procedure in 6th standard of Kendriya Vidyalaya for a student whose father is a Non-Government employee?
  3. When the Kendriya Vidyalaya will issue application for 6th standard? Cut off marks to get a seat in Kendriya Vidyalaya AGCR Colony?
  4. Requirements to get 6th standard admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya School, Ballygunge?
  5. Differences between Jawahar Navodya Vidyalaya and Kendriya Vidyalaya? How many of these schools are available in Haryana?
  6. Admission criteria for Kendriya Vidyalaya?
  7. Eligibility to get Intermediate admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya for 10th Bihar Board candidate?
  8. Requirements to get 6th standard admission in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Faridkot?
  9. Eligibility and age criteria to apply for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya for 6th standard student?
  10. Requirements to get 6th standard admission in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Alleppey?
  11. When is the next KVS recruitment going to be announced? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Admission in 3rd standard at Kendriya Vidyalaya for 2015 session?
  13. Difference between Kendriya Vidyalaya and Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya? What is the curriculum in both schools?
  14. Requirements to get 5th standard admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya, Gangtok for 4th standard student?
  15. Can I get admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya in 12th standard?
  16. Can a 10th with 57% get admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya RK Puram?
  17. What is the eligibility criteria to become a teacher in a kendriya vidyalaya school?
  18. Transfer from Kendriya Vidyalaya Raniket to Kendriya Vidyalaya Kashipur?
3rd November 2017, 10:29 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Age criteria to get admission in 6th standard in Kendriya Vidyalaya?

Age Criteria Required to get admission in 6th Standard of Kendriya Vidyalaya:

Basically there is a certain age required in order to be eligible for getting admission into Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools.

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to get admission into 6th Standard of Kendriya Vidyalaya schools. Here is the basic age criteria required,

>> For 5th Class :-
* Minimum age - 9 years
* Maximum age - 11 years

>> For 6th Class :-
* Minimum age - 10 years
* Maximum age - 12 years

>> For 7th Class :-
* Minimum age - 11 years
* Maximum age - 13 years

As you have crossed the age of 12 years, you are not eligible to get admission into this school as per my knowledge. Hence I suggest you to contact the Principal of Kendriya Vidyalaya in order to confirm the eligibility criteria once.
3rd November 2017, 11:38 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Age criteria to get admission in 6th standard in Kendriya Vidyalaya?

Candidates who are interested to apply for admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya, for 6th standard, should have completed 10 years of age and should be less than 11 and half years.

With this eligibility the candidates has to appear for a written examination conducted by the school. After qualifying the examination you have to submit the fees and can start your classes.
3rd November 2017, 01:04 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am studying in 5th from Jharkhand Board and my age is 13 years. I want to know can I apply for 6th standard entrance exam of Kendriya Vidyalaya?

The minimum age limit for the admission in 6th standard in Kendriya Vidyalaya is 10 years and the maximum age limit is 12 years. Minimum age on 31st March of the year in which admission is sought and maximum age on 31st March of the year in which admission is sought. The maximum age limit can be relaxed by two years in case of Physically Challenged children in Kendriya Vidyalaya. Students can find the details in the Kendriya Vidyalaya website link given Click Here
3rd November 2017, 04:21 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

In order to take admission in 6th standard in Kendriya Vidyalaya School, a candidate age must not be less than 10 years and more than 12 years as on 31st March of the year of admission. Since your age is 13 years, so you are not eligible for admission in 6th standard in Kendriya Vidyalaya School.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?