27th October 2017, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NEET after studying PCMB stream?

Hi, I am a medical student. I have preparation a NEET, but my subject a PCMB in UP board. My all subject in 12th in maths and only single subject in biology to next year 12th. So, my biology, marksheet a private. So, tell me, I am eligible in NEET exam and admission in MBBS?

28th October 2017, 12:11 AM
imtiazexpert

Default Re: Am I eligible for NEET after studying PCMB stream?

I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for NEET examination below, if you fulfill the eligibility then you can appear for NEET and if not then I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear for NEET examination.

> You need to be a higher secondary passed out candidate from a recognized board to give this exam

> You should have studied physics, chemistry and biology as compulsory subject in 10+2 level to sit for this exam since it is for science students only

> At 10+2 level you should have secured a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together

> For SC/ST candidates there is a percentage relaxation. They need to get 45% of marks inspite of 50% of marks in PCM.

> Final year students can also apply for this examination

> Your minimum age should be 17 years when applying for this exam

> There is an upper age limit of upto 5 years for the reserved category candidates.

> You will be allowed to give this exam for 3 times only.
28th October 2017, 07:08 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to apply for NEET examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with 50% aggregate marks and should have studied English as a subject in your 12th standard. Since, you have pursued 12th standard with PCMB stream, you are eligible to apply for NEET examination.
28th October 2017, 12:45 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to appear in NEET Entrance Examination:

There is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in NEET Examination. As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are eligible to appear in NEET Examination. Here is the basic educational qualification criteria that is required.

>> You must have completed 12th Class with 10+2 pattern from a recognized board in order to be eligible.

>> You must have passed 12th with the below mentioned subjects,
* Chemistry
* Biology
* Physics
* Biotechnology
* Mathematics
Or else any such relevant subjects with English as one of the compulsory subjects.

>> Minimum age required is 17 years and maximum age must not exceed 25 years in order to be eligible.
28th October 2017, 01:03 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am a medical student. I have preparation a NEET, but my subject a PCMB in UP board. My all subject in 12th in maths and only single subject in biology to next year 12th. So, my biology, marksheet a private. So, tell me, I am eligible in NEET exam and admission in MBBS?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for NEET after studying PCMB stream. Eligibility to appear for the NEET is a pass in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology with at least 50% marks. Therefore, you are eligible to appear for NEET as you have studied PCB subjects in 10+2. National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The NEET is useful for taking admission to the MBBS and BDS courses in India. Age limit to appear for the NEET is 17 to 25 years. The upper age limit is for the SC/ST/OBC is 25+5 years.
28th October 2017, 02:05 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes you are very much eligible to apply for NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) after completion of your 12th standard with PCMB.
Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with a minimum of 50% marks and have studied English, Physics and Biology as compulsory subjects from any recognized board, are eligible for NEET entrance exam.
Age of the candidates must not be less than 17 years.
28th October 2017, 03:34 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

According to the eligibility criteria of NEET exam, one who has completed intermediate with medical stream having physics, chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects studied are eligible to appear in this medical entrance exam. As you have a studied both the stream having physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics as your subjects in inter mediate so you are eligible to appear in this entrance exam.
28th October 2017, 03:42 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for NEET examination after qualifying class 12th with PCMB stream from a recognised board.

Eligibility criteria to appear for NEET examination:-

Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects from a recognised board are eligible to appear in NEET examination.

So, being a 12th standard PCMB passed student, you are eligible to appear in NEET examination.
28th October 2017, 06:11 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can apply for NEET examination after the completion of class 12th examination from a recognized University. You must be eligible for the entrance examination.
Below I have mentioned the eligibility, just have a look over it.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th in Science stream studying Physics, Chemistry and Biology as a subject combination from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to appear in the NEET examination.
Candidates age must not be less than 17 years at the time of examination.
28th October 2017, 09:27 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for National eligibility entrance test:

Aspirants must have completed 12th standard with PCB from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks.

Minimum age should not be less than 17 and maximum should not exceed 25 years whereas relaxation in upper age limit is given to reserved categories.

As you have completed your 12th standard with PCMB so you are definitely eligible to appear in this medical entrance test.
28th October 2017, 10:11 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. It is a National level entrance examination which is conducted by CBSE for offering admission in Medical courses in Government and Private colleges in India except in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu and Kashmir. Candidates who have passed 12th standard with PCMB stream from a Government recognised board are eligible to apply for NEET examination. As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you have passed 12th standard with PCMB stream, you are eligible to apply for NEET examination.
28th October 2017, 10:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible for NEET, provided you have 50% marks in PCB and English together. The subjects required are already in your stream, means no need to worry.

Just make sure you are well prepared the entrance exam, so that you can get a college of your preference.
28th October 2017, 10:53 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same is a national level medical entrance examination which is held for offering admission in MBBS/BDS degree course in any medical college across India.

The minimum educational qualification required for appearing in the same examination is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks from a recognized board. Marks relaxation of 10% is applicable for reserved category candidates.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for NEET having pursued PCMB stream in your Class 12th with Biology as a single subject in the succeeding year of your Class 12th with PCM then as per my knowledge you are certainly eligible if you have secured the minimum marks required for appearing in NEET.

For more details and FAQs concerning to NEET you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
29th October 2017, 11:24 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for NEET exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject are eligible for NEET exam. At 10+2 level you need to secure minimum 50% of marks in physics, chemistry and biology taken together.

Your minimum age should be 17 years.
30th October 2017, 07:06 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible for NEET exam.
Eligibility criteria for NEET-

A candidate must be 12th passed with physics chemistry and biology as the main subjects.

A candidate must have minimum 50% marks in class 12th.

A candidate must have minimum 17 years of age and maximum 21 years of age.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?