10th October 2018, 04:47 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in any Engineering college with JEE rank if failed in Chemistry?

Hello Sir, I want to take admission based on my JEE rank. Unfortunately, I am failed in Chemistry and want to give supplementary. So can I get admission in any Engineering college by JEE rank?

15th October 2018, 01:09 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in any Engineering college with JEE rank if failed in Chemistry?

No, you can not get admission in any engineering college if you have failed in chemistry subject in senior secondary board examination.

For admission in engineering college based on Joint Entrance Examination, you must have passed in all subjects of 12th and secured at least 75% marks.
15th October 2018, 04:20 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I get admission in any Engineering college with JEE rank if failed in Chemistry?

First thing I would like to let you know that for getting admission in an engineering college to pursue a undergraduate technical degree i.e; B.Tech/B.Arch degree course the minimum education required is a Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board of education.

So, having failed in Chemistry paper at your Class 12th, you are not eligible for seeking admission in any undergraduate degree course or engineering degree course, unless you first clear your Chemistry paper either through Compartmental or Supplementary examination.

Also, your JEE rank will be valid for engineering admissions only if you clear your Chemistry paper of Class 12th.
15th October 2018, 05:02 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. The minimum academic qualification required to get admission in engineering college is 12th passed from a recognized board. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are necessary subjects.

2. You can not get admission in Engineering college after failing in chemistry subject.
15th October 2018, 06:37 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

The full form of JEE is Joint Entrance Examination.

Eligibility criteria for JEE exam:

You must have passed in higher secondary board examination. If you are fail in any one subject of 12th then you can not apply for admission in engineering colleges.

Chemistry failed candidates can not apply for admission in any college.
15th October 2018, 07:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

The basic qualification is extremely required for admission on engineering. Hence, if you are not declared passed in class 12th, then your JEE rank will become useless.

The basis for getting admission in any degree course is class 12th. Therefore, you can skip that qualification for any future studies.
15th October 2018, 07:45 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't get admission in any Engineering college with JEE rank if you have failed in Chemistry. You have to pass 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a Government recognised board to be eligible to pursue Engineering course. So, you have to clear your Chemistry subject to get admission for pursuing Engineering course.
15th October 2018, 08:05 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

How is it possible?

The basis of engineering admission is 12th qualification. If you are 12th failed then how can you get admission in any engineering college.

No matter what rank you secure in JEE Main exam, if you fail in any subject of 12th, you can not get admission in any engineering college.
15th October 2018, 09:02 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

No, you are required to qualify all subjects of 12th standard to get admission in any engineering institute. You will be able to particiate in onlie counseling once you have 12th standard passing certificate as well as score of JEE examination score card. So, you have to apply for reappear in Chemistry examination and after passing this subject, you can apply for admission in any engineering degree college.
15th October 2018, 09:02 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that if you are failed in Chemistry in 12th Board examination then you are not allowed to get admission in B.Tech.
First of all it is compulsory to pass 12th board to get admission in further classes.
Only on the basis of JEE ranks you are not eligible to pursue Engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?