3rd January 2015, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Defence Force being 12th Arts student?

Hi sir
i have arts in 12th and i want to do defense forces
can i able to do this ??????
i m good in height and do not
have any breathing problems.....
please help me to know....

4th January 2015, 10:07 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Defence Force being 12th Arts student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi sir
i have arts in 12th and i want to do defense forces
can i able to do this ??????
i m good in height and do not
have any breathing problems.....
please help me to know....
Yes, 12th standard with arts stream are eligible for defence sector through NDA exam. But you can apply only Indian Air Force post.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

For physical criteria, i have attached a document where you can find out physical criteria of NDA exam. If you have fulfill below given physical criteria then you are eligible for defence sector exam.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Physical Requirements for NDA.txt(3.2 KB, 64 views)

4th January 2015, 02:05 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for defence force but only in Indian Army Wing.

Eligibility for Joining Indian army Wings:

. You should be HS passed from a recognised University.

. Minimum marks should be 60% in both 10th as well as 12th.

. English should be one of the main subjects in your boards, i.e. in 10th & 12th and should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in it.

. You should be a citizen of India.

. You Should be unmarried at the time of applying for the exam.

. You must not have any Physical or mental disabilities.

. Your age should be in between 16.5 - 19 years

. Minimum height should be 157 cms

Therefore, if you fulfil all the above mentioned criteria, then surely you are eligible for joining Defence.

4th January 2015, 06:25 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join in Defence force. To enter into National Defence force you must have to appear for NDA examination which is held by UPSC every year for the admission of candidates to ARMY, AIR FORCE & NAVAL wing.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate must be Indian National.

* Candidate must be Unmarried male and have not born earlier than 2nd July,1996 and not later than 1st July, 1999.

* For Army Wing : Candidate must have passed 12th class from a recognized State Education Board/ University.

* For Air Force and Naval Wing : Candidate must have passed 12th class with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized state education Board/ University.

IMPORTANT DATES :

* Last Date of Form Submission : 23rd January, 2015.

* Date of NDA examination : 19th April, 2015.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?