13th July 2017, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

How to calculate percentage in CBSE?

As I’m from CBSE. We have the rule of calculation best 5 subjects out of 6. I want to know, if I calculate the best 5 subjects then my percentage is 62 and if I calculate the 6 subjects then my percentage is 58. So am I eligible?

14th July 2017, 12:10 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to calculate percentage in CBSE?

Let me clear your confusion, in CBSE Board of Education, the rule for calculating your percentage is best of 5 subjects out of 6 main subjects.
So, if your percentage calculation is 62% according to best of 5 rule, then it is correct and your percentage in your respective class is 62% of marks.
14th July 2017, 12:22 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

In Central Board of Secondary Education, there is a rule which states that final percentage in higher secondary will be sum of marks of best five subjects divided by five. The percentage of marks obtained by this method is used for admission in higher studies course or any other eligibility criteria.

Your eligibility in any exam or course will be based on 62% marks. If minimum percentage of marks required is 60% then you are eligible.
14th July 2017, 02:36 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

Look, no where is it mentioned that you need to calculate best of 4 or best of 5 subjects to take out your percentage, in various institutions your aggregate is only accepted and not best of anything.

However, in most of the universities they don't mind calculating your percentage on the basis of best of 5 in your 10th and best of 4 in your 12th grade.

Therefore, I would suggest you to calculate on the best of 5 instead of calculating aggregately as it will increase your percentage by 4%.
14th July 2017, 04:02 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Just follow given below steps to calculate your percentage of marks:

>>Find sum of marks of top five subjects out of six subjects.

>>Then divide the sum by five.

>>Multiply result obtained by 100, you will get your percentage of marks scored in 12th.

Your percentage of marks is 62%. You need not divide by six. Depending upon this, you can decide your eligibility.
18th March 2020, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Additional subject music marks is added in cbse class 12
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?