23rd October 2021, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Are NCERT Books Enough for Cracking NEET with a Good Rank?

I am making use of NCERT alone for the preparation of NEET exam. I am about to complete it.
I am working out on previous years NEET paper and other Medical oriented exams along with NEET practice paper.
And I am able to perform quite well in each of these mock tests. But I am confused if I should go for some other sources/reference books as well or stick to NCERT books alone.

I am not going to any coaching centers, I am preparing for it by myself. And I often take advice from various medical students especially from the Gullas College of Medicine*on this.
And I got responses from some of them. They told me NCERT is very important but along with it, I have to some other reference books as well.

24th October 2021, 07:41 PM
Aorta

Default Re: Are NCERT Books Enough for Cracking NEET with a Good Rank?

National eligibility and entrance test exam is a entrance exam which help you to qualify for various medical colleges
The syllabus of the entrance exam is clearly based on 11th and 12th CBSE NCERT portion and that must be well enough by just clearing all your concepts to get good rank and secure a seat in a reputed Government College
Solving past year papers and giving mock test are also a crucial part by doing all of the following about as you have mentioned are totally fine to get a Government Medical College
24th October 2021, 11:39 PM
periwinkle09876

NCERT books are not enough to crack the examination with good rank.
Although, NCERT books are very helpful in improving the concepts understanding and your concept will be cleared from NCERT books, you can take the syllabus of NCERT as a base and accordingly you can rise your level of understanding and knowledge by additional books by different authors for physics chemistry and Biology.

Official website for more information
http://neet.nta.nic.in
24th October 2021, 11:59 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

--- According to me, you should go for additional books like other reference books in order to crack NEET examination with a good rank because nowadays competition is very high so, you have to clear concept and basic from NCERTs and to get more knowledge you have to refer some other books from good authors such as-

Concept of Physics by HC Verma

Dinesh Chemistry Guide

Objective Biology by Dinesh

Pradeep Guide on Biology
25th October 2021, 06:50 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, NCERT books are enough to qualify for the examination but to get a good score/ rank one must refer to other books as well. Since both AIIMS MBBS and JIPMER MBBS have merged with NEET, NTA has raised the bar for NEET.
25th October 2021, 11:18 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° NEET predominantly covers the NCERT syllabus while a major section of the question paper is based on NCERT from class 11 and 1, a considerable portion is also asked beyond the NCERT sources.
NCERT books are not enough to crack this examination.
Those aspirants preparing to appear for this Examination must refer to the relevant books in addition to NCERT to successfully crack this examination.

°°° Additional Books for NEET°°°

Objective NCERT at your fingertips MTG

Previous years papers - MTG publications 31 years NEET papers and Arihant's 25 years' AIIMS

Chemistry by Dinesh

D.C. Pandey Objective Physics

°°° For more information you can visit the official website
http://neet.nta.nic.in
26th October 2021, 04:42 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes NCERT books are enough for cracking NEET with a good rank because 80-85% of the question paper comes from NCERT sources. Apart from NCERT books, you can practice the subjects from the given below books as well.

1. Biology

--> NCERT Exemplar
--> Cengage
--> Trueman's Biology - Volume 1 & 2
--> Objective Biology -Dnesh
--> Biology by GRB Bathla's Publications
--> Biology by Pradeep's Publications

2. Chemistry

--> Physical Chemistry by O.P.Tandon
--> Chemistry by Dinesh
--> Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D.Lee
--> Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd
--> Modern ABC for Chemistry for Class 11th & 12th

3. Physics

--> Concepts of Physics by H.C.Verma
--> Problems in General Physics by I.E.Irodov
--> Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker
--> D.C.Pandey Objectives Physics
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?