22nd July 2020, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

Steps to become a Navy Officer for a 10th student?

Dear Sir, I am studying in 10th standard from Madhya Pradesh Board and I want to become a Navy Officer. I want to know the steps through which I can become a Navy Officer. Please let me know as soon as possible.

27th July 2020, 09:18 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to become a Navy Officer for a 10th student?

To become a Navy officer, you have to appear and qualify in NDA examination. The examination is conducted twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in std 12th from a recognised board.

For recruitment in Navy it is mandatory to have PCM as main paper.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination.

Examination is conducted in two stages. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
27th July 2020, 11:14 PM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

First of complete your 12th class with PCM Combination with good marks.

After 12th you will be eligible for NDA examination , by this examination you can become NAVY officer.

If you take JEE Test you will get another entry which is called CES ( cadet entry scheme ) , with these entry you will be called directly for SSB ( service selection board ) interview.

If you miss these 2 chance and you completed graduation with engineering background you will get another opportunity UES ( University entry scheme).

There is special entry for NCC cadet.

INET is another opportunity for you after graduation.

CDS is opportunity for you after graduation.
28th July 2020, 08:42 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To become an officer in Indian Navy, an applicant basically has two options, one through NDA (National Defence Academy) while other through CDS (Combined Defense Services).

Further, to join NDA, you are required to qualify NDA examination, and for appearing in the same examination, you need to be an Indian unmarried male candidate having completed your Class 12th in Science stream with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognised board. Also, your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

While for appearing in the CDS examination, you need to be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 20 years to 24 years. Also, you need to have completed B.E./B.Tech degree course from a recognised university.

For complete details regarding different entries in Indian Navy, you can refer to the link www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
30th July 2020, 09:57 PM
chin6303

Unhappy Re: Steps to become a Navy Officer for a 10th student?

Since you have completed your 10th class you are eligible to join the Indian Navy in the entry level positions such as Artificer Apprentice within the age group of 17 to 20 years.

Indian Navy Matric Recruit (MR) Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for MR vacancy is:

You must have a Matriculation (Class 10th / High School / SSC) certificate issued by a recognised board of education.

Only male candidates are eligible to apply for MR posts.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?