3rd August 2016, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose to become a Fashion Designer?

Hello sir, I would like to become a Fashion Designer. I am good in Mathematics and English but I am not good in Science and History. Please tell me that which subject should I choose to be a Fashion Designer?

3rd August 2016, 08:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose to become a Fashion Designer?

For fashion designing course there is no specific stream required. Any stream candidates can apply for entrance exam related to fashion designing course admission in India. Only Bachelor in Fashion Technology at NIFT requires PCM stream.
Other courses like B.Des require any stream. Admission will be on the basis of performance in entrance exam conducted by NIFT or any other other university in which you want admission.
3rd August 2016, 10:34 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To become fashion designer there is no specific stream required in 11th and 12th. To become fashion designer a candidate must have passed 12th with 50% marks in any discipline from recognised board.
To get admission in 4 year degree of Fashion Designing A candidate must have to appear in the entrance exam conducted by the top universities of Fashion Designing in India.
4th August 2016, 12:08 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

To be a Fashion Designer, you must have qualified a bachelor's degree in fashion designing. The minimum educational qualification required to get admission in bachelor's degree in fashion designing is 12th standard from any discipline. So you are free to choose any stream in 12th standard to be a fashion designer. As you are good in mathematics, so you can choose art stream with mathematics in 12th standard.
4th August 2016, 02:03 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

If your aim is to become a Fashion Designer in future, you need not worry about your stream as you can even study with Arts stream and opt for Fashion Designing course after completion of your 12th standard.

You should choose commerce if you are good at maths and don't want to study science and continue with your studies further. After completion of your 12th standard you can then very much opt for Fashion Designing course. You should however try to score a minimum of 50% in aggregate in your 12th board examination.
9th April 2017, 09:03 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am the student of class 11th with maths in c.b.s.e board but I don't want to become any engineer or i.p.s
My aim is to be a fashion designer but I am studying from maths stream because I have no interest in subjects present in art or commerce stream
So I want to Ask you two question that,
1.) Can I become a fashion designer with the subject maths in class 11th and 12th?
2.) After passing class 12th, what should I do for becoming a fashion designer?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?