16th November 2020, 07:34 AM
Unregistered

Which subjects to choose in WBCHSE HS to get admission in Petroleum Engineering?

I am a student of 10th standard of WBBSE. After completing my 10th, I would like to take Science stream for WBCHSE. Actually I want to study Petroleum Engineering in future. I would like to know the subjects offered or which subject should I choose and what should be my 12th standard marks?

18th November 2020, 02:37 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects to choose in WBCHSE HS to get admission in Petroleum Engineering?

It's a field related with production of hydrocarbons...
It can be studied both at undergraduate as well as post graduate level.
At undergraduate level candidate must have passed 12th with physics , chemistry, maths as core subjects...and have 3 yrs diploma in petroleum.engineering.
At post graduate level the candidate must be a graduate in petroleum engineering.
You must have scored min 50% in 12th..
Entrance exams:_
Fir BE B.TECH admission exams are:_
JEE MAIN
JEE ADVANCED
BITSAT
UPSEE etc.
19th November 2020, 11:00 PM
jeet2porwal

Default Re: Which subjects to choose in WBCHSE HS to get admission in Petroleum Engineering?

You should choose PCM combination for your HS to be eligible to take admission in Petroleum Engineering.

If you choose any other combination or stream you won't be able to join Petroleum Engineering.
20th November 2020, 07:12 PM
Mayuri haria

The eligibility criteria to study the undergraduate course that is petroleum in engineering is
Candidate must study 11th and 12th in science stream
Candidate must select the following subjects that are physics chemistry and mathematics
candidate must also scored a minimum of 60 percentage in 12th standard in all the subjects aggregate that is physics chemistry and mathematics
Candidate must also give an entrance exam in order to get a desired college
Some of the colleges that offer petroleum engineering are
Indian institute of technology Mumbai
Rajiv Gandhi institute of petroleum technology Uttar Pradesh
Maharashtra institute of technology Pune
GH Patel College of engineering Vallabh Vidyanagar Gujarat
The fee structure ranges from 3 2 9 lakh for government and can range to 12 next in the private colleges
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?