22nd April 2019, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

Is taking Humanities in Intermediate of RBSE creates any problem to join Civil Services?

Respected Sir/Madam, I want to take Humanities in Intermediate of CBSE. But I also want to join Civil Services. So, I want to confirm that studying Humanities creates any problem if I am looking for Civil Services?

27th April 2019, 09:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is taking Humanities in Intermediate of RBSE creates any problem to join Civil Services?

For Civil services exam stream doesn't matter and any stream graduate can apply for it. The only thing that matter is performance in the written exam and interview conducted by UPSC. You can opt for any stream at school without any worries.

Just make sure you prepare according to the UPSC syllabus and exam pattern. Humanities, Science or Commerce will not have any effect on your candidature for Civil Services exam.
28th April 2019, 09:15 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is taking Humanities in Intermediate of RBSE creates any problem to join Civil Services?

The first thing I would like to let you know is that the minimum education required for appearing in the Civil Services examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, it is evident from the above mentioned educational requirement criteria that for appearing in the Civil Services examination stream of academics has no importance and therefore by pursuing humanities at your Class 12th or even at your graduation degree level, you will be eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
3rd May 2019, 01:39 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Madam, I want to take Humanities in Intermediate of CBSE. But I also want to join Civil Services. So, I want to confirm that studying Humanities creates any problem if I am looking for Civil Services?

No, taking Humanities in Intermediate of RBSE does not create any problem to join Civil Services. Those candidates who have passed a bachelor’s degree in any discipline can appear for the Civil Services Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Therefore, you can study any degree and after completion of it can apply for the Civil Service Examination. Civil Service Examination has three parts, namely Preliminary Examination, Mains Examination and Personality Test (Interview).
3rd May 2019, 10:50 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

If you will opt Humanities stream in intermediate then it is not going to create any problem for you to appear in civil services exam because a candidate who wants to appear in Civil Services Exam must have completed graduation in any stream from a recognised board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?