27th October 2017, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

What does F grade means in board examination?

In March 2016, I got compartment in math and English. I appeared in English exam and pass it. Then I got admission in math exam march 2017. The result will show 6 marks. F..xxxx.then what's it meaning? Please tell me. What should I do now?

28th October 2017, 07:34 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What does F grade means in board examination?

The F grade in board examination indicates that you have failed in the examination, that means, you have not secured the minimum qualifying marks required to qualify the examination. You need to score at least 35% marks of the total marks for which the examination is conducted to qualify the examination. Since, you got F Grade in board examination, you need to apply for supplementary examinations to get qualify in your board examination.
28th October 2017, 01:43 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In March 2016, I got compartment in math and English. I appeared in English exam and pass it. Then I got admission in math exam march 2017. The result will show 6 marks. F..xxxx.then what's it meaning? Please tell me. What should I do now?

In general, the meaning of the F grade is Fail. If a person doesn’t get a pass mark in the school examinations then in the mark sheet it marked as F along with the marks scored in the subject. The minimum marks to get a pass also mentioned in the mark sheet. In general, following grading system is followed in India

O Grade – 80 and above marks
A Grade – 75 to 79 marks
B Grade – 70 to 74 marks
C Grade – 60 to 69 marks
D Grade – 50 to 59 marks
E Grade – 45 to 49 marks
P Grade – 40 to 44 marks
F (Fail) Grade – 39 and below
28th October 2017, 03:28 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that in board exam F grade means fail, so you are fail in maths examination.
I would suggest you to reappear in the examination and study hard to qualify in it. You should apply for the examination form and reappear for the mathematics examination. Also join any good coaching institute to prepare for the examination.
28th October 2017, 06:43 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since yo have got only 6 marks in your mathematics examination and got F grade in that, it means that you are failed in the particular subject once again.
Since you have failed in the compartmental examination, you must have to appear in the examination once again and have to qualify in it.
28th October 2017, 10:22 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

The F grade in Board examination result states that you have not qualified in the examination. F stands for Fail, if you have obtained less marks in the examination than the marks required to qualify the examination, you will be allotted a F grade. You need to apply for supplementary examination and prepare well to qualify the failed subject.
28th October 2017, 11:13 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The grade F in the board examination results implies that the candidate is failed and hence he/she cannot pursue his/her further studies without clearing the same paper.

Further for clearing a paper one is required to secure at least grade E in their board examination individually in each subject as well as overall.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?