25th January 2019, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

What should I study to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th WBCHSE Science?

Sir, I am a class 12th Science student of WBCHSE Board. I want to join Merchant Navy ad this is my aim. So, for joining Merchant Navy what course I have to do? I am good in my education and I can do whatever to achieve my aim.

31st January 2019, 03:43 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th WBCHSE Science?

If you want to apply for technical courses for entering Merchant Navy, then he will have to appear for entrance exam. Exams are conducted for admission to Marine Engineering programs after class 12th.

Exams:

IMU CET

JEE advanced

TMISAT

MERI entrance exam
31st January 2019, 05:36 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th WBCHSE Science?

Minimum qualification required to join Merchant Navy is 10 + 2 with physics, mathematics and Chemistry as main subjects and must have attained 55% marks.
Admission is done on the basis of entrance test and you can appear in the below given entrance test:

IMU CET

TMISAT

MERI entrance exam

JEE advanced

Courses:

BTech Marine Engineering

BSc nautical science

BTech Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering
3rd February 2019, 12:11 AM
HKBEHURA
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your 12th board examination in science stream, if you wish to get admission in Merchant navy, then you will have to appear for CET examination conducted by the state itself and in various top universities they conduct their own entrance examination and admission is provided on its basis.

After clearing the examination you will have to undergo 6-9 months of Regular classes and workshop classes provided by the respective institution and then after completion of your course, you can get job in various ships to continue your career ahead.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?