16th March 2013, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IFS officer after passing 12th?

i am studying 12th std i want to become an ifs officer ,where is the coaching centre in madurai

5th April 2013, 07:48 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IFS officer after passing 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am studying 12th std i want to become an ifs officer ,where is the coaching centre in madurai
Tell me tell you that IFS, IAS and IPS are the top civil service examinations of India. All three of them are the main sought after government exams which candidates gives in large numbers as this means getting to work for the central government. So huge prestige and pride is associated with the post you will be holding.

Full form of IFS is Indian Forest Service. For the recruitment of these officers an examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

IFS Exam Eligibility Criteria:-

$$ You need to be a citizen of India.

$$ You need to have a bachelor's degree in any one of the following subject:- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Forestry and Engineering.

$$ Your age should not be less than 21 years. For general category candidates the upper age limit is 30 years.

$$ There is age relaxation for the reserved category candidates.

1. SC/ST Candidates: 5 Years.
2. OBC Candidates: 3 Years.
3. PH Candidates: 10 Years.

$$ General category candidates can give this exam for four times. OBC candidates can give this exam for seven times and for SC/ST candidates there is no limit as such

$$ The selection procedure is such that you have to cross the following stages to finally get selected:- 1) Preliminary Examination 2) Main Examination and 3) Personal Interview Session.

$$ Exam Pattern in a nutshell:-

Paper I- General English (300 Marks)
Paper II- General Knowledge (300 Marks)
Paper III-VI- Two Subjects selected from the optional subject list (200 Marks each)

Hope this helps :-> :->
6th April 2013, 03:35 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for IFS is Indian Forest Services.

The Indian Forest Service is the Forestry service of India. It is one of the three All India Services of the Government of India.

Its employees are recruited by the national government but serve under the state governments or Central Government.

IFS examination is also known as civil services examination, which is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) every year.

The eligibility criteria required for the IFS examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any one of these disciplines - Physics/ Statistics/Zoology/Agriculture/Forestry and Engineering/Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science/Botany/Chemistry/Geology/Mathematics from any accredited college or university.

* Final year graduates are also eligible.

* Age limit:- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBC, 5 yrs for SC/ST and 10 yrs for PWD contenders.

* Nationality:- Indian.

The selection procedure for IFS examination is mentioned as below:-

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Personnel interview.

6th April 2013, 08:52 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After passing 12th one is not eligible to become an IFS officer as the minimum educational qualification for this is Graduation Degree.

IFS - Indian Forest Service and to become an IFS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Agricultural Science/Animal Husbandry/Forestry etc. from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with good Physical Fitness, can apply for IFS, Civil Service Exam.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

-Civil Service Main Exam

-Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
8th April 2013, 03:44 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

The abbreviation of IFS is Indian Forest Services.

IFS examination is the civil services examination, that is organized by Union Public Service Commission every year.

The scheme of selection of IFS exam is below mentioned:-

# Preliminary exam.

# MAINS exam.

* Interview process.

The educational qualifications regarding with IFS exam are below mentioned:-

# Opponents must have finished their bachelor degree in anyone of these curricula Physics/ Statistics/Zoology/Agriculture/Forestry and Engineering//Chemistry/Geology/Mathematics/Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science/Botany from any approved institution.

# Opponents of last year of bachelor degree are also preferable for this exam.

The age criteria and relaxation of IFS exam are below mentioned:-

# 21-30 years.

# Relaxation:- 3 years, 5 years and 10 years for OBC, SC/ST and PH opponents.

# Citizenship:- Opponents must have an Indian citizenship.

Thanks.
13th May 2013, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

hi...i want to becamae an ifs officer..that means indian foriegn service not forest service...now only i passed 12 th standard..iam gonna choose engineering...iam from tamilnadu..pls pls somebody help me..what i have to do next?
14th May 2013, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

i want ask for indian foriegn officer
10th August 2013, 02:53 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
It's really good to see that you interested in get Jon in Indian Forest Service Officer .

To become a IFS Officer then you have to appear in Civil Service Entrance Examination which is Organized by Union Public Service Commission for every year.

You have to Know that 12th Standard is not enough qualification to apply for IFS Entrance Examination .

IFS Entrance Examination is open to the Applicant, those who possessing bachelor degree course in any one of the specialization like, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology from a recognized University or equivalent.

Those who appearing in Final semester may also eligible to apply for this Entrance Examination .

The Applicant must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years and Upper age relaxation will be provided for Reserved category candidates .

So, If you interested to apply for Indian Forest Service Entrance Examination, then I suggest you to apply for Bachelor degree course in science stream.

After Qualified in Bachelor degree course without any backlogs you're applicable for IFS Entrance Examination .

The Important Information and Notification for this Entrance Examination released in Employment and Other Important News paper and also Published in Official website of UPSC .

For More Information Please Visit Here :-http://www.upsc.gov.in/
28th August 2013, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

I want to become ifs(indian foreiGn service) But now i am in 1 .After my 2 what should i do?
30th August 2013, 04:19 PM
maruthidevi

Dear There,

The acronym for IFS is Indian Forest Services.

The Indian Forest Service is the Forestry service of India. It is one of the three All India Services of the Government of India.

Its employees are recruited by the national government but serve under the state governments or Central Government.

IFS examination is also known as civil services examination, which is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) every year.

The eligibility criteria required for the IFS examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any one of these disciplines - Physics/ Statistics/Zoology/Agriculture/Forestry and Engineering/Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science/Botany/Chemistry/Geology/Mathematics from any accredited college or university.

* Final year graduates are also eligible.

* Age limit:- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBC, 5 yrs for SC/ST and 10 yrs for PWD contenders.

* Nationality:- Indian.

The selection procedure for IFS examination is mentioned as below:-

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.
21st September 2013, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

How can i become IAS officer after passing my 12th in commerce
13th November 2013, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

ifs indian forest service
26th April 2014, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

Hi.. After 12 th pass,what we can do means just graduation completed or other couress?
25th October 2014, 09:53 AM
Unregistered

Now, I'm studying Bsc Agri. It will be complete after one year and I'm planing to give the UPSC exam so, I need your helps to know more information like where will I take my coaching for this exam and whats the procedure to become an IFS officer?
7th February 2015, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

I WANTS TO BECOME A IFS OFFICER BUT I DONT KNOW HOW I PREPARE MYSELF TO BECOME A IFS OFFICER
15th January 2016, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

i want to bcome indian foreign service officer i hve completed my 12 th and think to do graduation what about then?????? i should do.
16th January 2016, 12:36 AM
vinoth1922
Junior Member+

UPSC conducts civil service exam every year during the month of July-August. Exam notifications will be made in the month of May month every year.
You have to write this exam to get into this post
Eligibility:

-Age Limit: 21-32 years ( relaxation for reserved candidates)
-Should be Citizen of India.
-Should be a Degree Holder
22nd May 2017, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IFS officer i.e., Indian Foreign Service officer after 12th and with a graduation in Political Science?
31st May 2018, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir. I'm having standing arrears in my bachelor of engineering I'm interested to be a IFS officer I want to know whether I'm having eligibility to write the exam
29th July 2019, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

I have choosed btech biotechnology in graduation can I apply for IFS
30th July 2019, 02:30 PM
Deepanshu3010

Quote:
Eligibility criteria for IFS are:
(1)candidate must hold a bachelor's degree in particular manner defined by the UPSC.
(2)candidate should be a citizen of India.
(3)candidate age must be between 21-32 years.Age relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
Thus, on the basis of 12th one is not eligible for IFS, first a candidate should obtained a bachelor's degree in a particular manner.
To get more information and more about the subjects of degree, one can visit the link given below:
www.upsc.gov.in
30th July 2019, 10:17 PM
Deepanshu3010

To become a IFS officer you first have to complete your graduation from any subject.
Then, you have to give UPSC conducted examination. After clearing the exam you will be called for an interview and after completion of all these criteria you will become an IFS officer.
31st July 2019, 02:58 PM
Deepanshu3010

Quote:
IFS exam is conducted by UPSC.
To apply for UPSC IFS, a candidate should hold a bachelor's degree in certain manner.
Thus, to apply for UPSC IFS, first complete your graduation, the one is eligible to apply for the IFS.
For more information, go through the given link:
www.upsc.gov.in
20th April 2020, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

I became an ifs officer in after 12 passing?
I frist time not selected i what proplems passing?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?