12th April 2013, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a seat in NIT after scoring 86% in 12th board exam? I am a CBSE student

i am cbse student. scored 86% in 12th boare exam. and scored 51 marks in JEE main exam. Can i get a seat in NIT?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in top NIT college after scoring 85% in 12th CBSE board exam
  2. Can I get admission in NIT if scoring 140 marks in JEE Advance, 170 marks in IITJEE Mains and 82.4% in 12th CBSE Board exam?
  3. CBSE Board and reference books for the preparation of 12th CBSE board exam?
  4. Can I get admission in NIT if secured 69.2% in 12th CBSE and scored 75 marks in JEE Mains being a ST student?
  5. Am I eligible to get admission for B.Tech in Gujarat under 75% reserved seat?
  6. Marks needed to join NIT after scoring 57% in 12th?
  7. Which NIT will I get after scoring 118 marks in JEE mains and 94% in 12th CBSE board
  8. Can I get NIT after scoring 156 in JEE mains and 88.2% in CBSE board
  9. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat
  10. Can I sit in UPSE exam? I've got degree of NIOS board in 12th and 10th from CBSE and B.Tech from NIT Nagaland
  11. Can a CBSE board student who has passed 10th and 12th from CBSE appear in UPTU?
  12. What should I do after scoring 90% in 12th? I am a biology student
  13. How to get admission in BITS Mesra after scoring 145 in JEE mains and 93.2% in CBSE 12th board
  14. How to get admission in CBSE after scoring 57% in 12th board?
  15. Will I get a seat in NIT, Tiruchirapalli after scoring 1824 in Tamilnadu?
  16. How can I get a seat in NIT warangal after scoring 167 marks in JEE mains? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Is it better to continue in CBSE board after 10th or change to State board to go for Engnieering? -- [New]
  18. Is there any chance to get a seat in NIT after scoring 165 in JEE mains
30th April 2015, 02:15 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a seat in NIT after scoring 86% in 12th board exam? I am a CBSE student

NIT stands for National Institute for technology and the college is managed by Central government .There are 30 NITs at present which offers the quality education with best placements for the courses related to engineering .

Yes you can get NIT having secured 86% in CBSE 12th board examination which is a nice aggregate but apart from this you will have to qualify in JEE Mains examination atleast for admission in the NIT .

Also to get admission in the top NIT with a trade with more scopes you will have to score high percentage of marks in your JEE Mains examination and also look towards cracking JEE Advance examination too .

For detailed information about the JEE log on to the official link of CBSE

i.e; www.cbse.nic.in .
30th April 2015, 03:47 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a seat in NIT after scoring 86% in 12th board exam? I am a CBSE student

Admission in the NIT is taken on the basis of marks in the JEE Mains and board 10+2 examination . The JEE examination is conducted by CBSE and only candidates who qualify in the JEE Mains are eligible to get admission in NIT . There are 30 NIT and according to the rank you are eligible to get admission .

So you are not eligible to get admission in the NIT f you are a general or OBC category as the cut off list are 105 and 70 respectively .

But if you are a SC/ST candidates then there is little bit of chance of getting admsision in NIT but not in the best stream as there is huge tussle of getting admission .
1st May 2015, 12:13 AM
havvedprakash

No, you can't get admission in NIT after scoring 55 marks in JEE.
You require atleast 150 marks to get admission in any NIT.

JEE stands for Joint Engineering Entrance Exam. Cutoff marks for NIT colleges are always higher than any other colleges. Now a days there is much competition in engineering field. NIT college are top colleges in India. Every year cutoff marks cross 150 mark.
So, you need to score atleat 150 marks to get admission in NIT. You can prepare this year and apply for next year again.
1st May 2015, 12:41 AM
hariamu

Hello sir/madam
Yes you can get NIT having secured 86% in CBSE 12th board examination which is a nice aggregate but apart from this you will have to qualify in JEE Mains examination atleast for admission in the NIT .

Also to get admission in the top NIT with a trade with more scopes you will have to score high percentage of marks in your JEE Mains examination and also look towards cracking JEE Advance examination too .

For detailed information about the JEE log on to the official link of CBSE .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?