23rd January 2014, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IES Exam being M.Sc Physics student?

Hello......
I have done B.Sc in Physics, Chemistry and Maths, M.Sc in Physics,
and M.Tech in Nanotechnology.
I want to appear in IES Exam would be conduct by UPSC.
May i eligible to appear in IES Exam or Not ?
If possible please tell me the way by which i could appear in IES Exam.
Please reply as earliest as possible...........

Thanks

3rd March 2014, 06:26 AM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES Exam being M.Sc Physics student?

I.E.S i.e Indian Engineering Service Examination and this examination is conducted by UPSC Once in a year. IES Examination is conducted for recruitment of Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering. This year exam notification was not released yet. But you can expect the notification soon. Let see the eligibility criteria to apply for IES Examination.

Those who have passed Engineering degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification OR the candidate who have passed a degree/diploma course from a foreign College/University/Institution OR the candidate who have a completed the graduate membership examination of institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from a India OR M.Sc degree with Wireless Communication, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering. No percentage bar required to apply for this examination.

Even pursing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply but pre-final year candidates are ineligible to apply for this examination so if you are completed Radio Physics than definitely you are eligible to apply other wise you are ineligible to apply for IES Examination. More details, Visit the official website of UPSC :- www.upsc.gov.in
18th March 2014, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

I am a msc electronics student..Am i eligible for IES?If yes then for which field am i eligible for?
18th July 2017, 01:43 AM
Unregistered

For appearing in IES in which subject have to do msc and can I appear for IES mechanical
3rd February 2021, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my MSc in information and cybersecurity so am I eligible for IES?
23rd November 2022, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

Does M.Sc Physics graduate are eligible for IES Exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?