1st February 2014, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Career options in History except Teaching?

hi I'm a student of 11th and really confused between commerce and art streams. But I really like history as a subject. can you tell me some career options in history after 10 2 except teaching and history honours? Something that includes more of going out into the real world rather than just sitting for hours on the laptop.

6th March 2014, 10:30 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Career options in History except Teaching?

Although there are not plenty of jobs available for a graduate in History yet there are considerable amount of job openings.You can also go for higher studies.There are a quite a few entrance exams held every year through which graduates in History are recruited.Some of them are-
-UPSC
-SSC
-PSC
-NET
-CDS
-RRB
-IBPS
-IAS
-IPS

Career options for students who have finished their graduation in history are quite high.Archeology, museum management are the best departments applicable for graduates from History stream.After graduation,one can find employment in-
-Law
-Research
-Public services
-Journalism
-Insurance
-Politics
-Archaeologist
-Archivist
-Historical researcher
-Museum work
-Secondary school teacher
-Tour guide
-University lecturer

Recently Archaeological Survey of India will recruit candidates for various posts. Jobs in Indian Defense Sector,Railways,Civil Services and Banks are available every year through entrance exams.For more job openings,be in touch with the leading newspapers and submit your resume in leading job portal sites.
8th May 2015, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

Is correspondence course is likely to be good when compared to Regular stream in B.A.History?
12th May 2015, 06:14 PM
amanshrivastava98

As a student of History, you should go for the UPSC as the best career option.

The posts of IAS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?