1st February 2014, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Good universities for MA in History after BA History?

My sister is doing BA in history from Dibrugarh University {Assam}.She wants to know the names of some good universities where she cando MA in history and whether they enroll students through entrance tests or through BA aggregates{what sholud be the miimum aggregate to get admission}?Besides can I also know some other options or subjects that she can pursue her MA after doing BA in history if she does not want to do MA in history ad related details?Kindly give information about career options in history as well.

19th July 2014, 11:49 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Good universities for MA in History after BA History?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My sister is doing BA in history from Dibrugarh University {Assam}.She wants to know the names of some good universities where she cando MA in history and whether they enroll students through entrance tests or through BA aggregates{what sholud be the miimum aggregate to get admission}?Besides can I also know some other options or subjects that she can pursue her MA after doing BA in history if she does not want to do MA in history ad related details?Kindly give information about career options in history as well.
Since, your sister done History specialization in bachelor degree level so It's right choice that she can do M.A History in master degree level.

MA (i.e) Master of Arts and the duration of the course is for two years which is divided into four semester. There are lot of Institution in India which offers this MA History course.

Eligibility Criteria:-

Students who are willing to do this course from a reputed university are required to meet eligibility requirements which are as follows:

~You should hold bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university.
It is mandatory that you must studied History subject in 12th standard or Bachelor degree level.
~Students appearing for final years exam prior to qualifying exam or those awaiting their results can also apply for the course and take the test but the candidate will not be able to take admission to the course until she pass the qualifying exam with required marks.

M.A History Colleges India:-

-Madras University, Chennai
-Jadavpur University, Kolkata
-Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
-Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
-Punjab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh
-University of Allahabad, Allahabad
-Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
30th July 2014, 02:29 PM
piyushkapoor

Default Re: Good universities for MA in History after BA History?

I have completed my education through Kurukshetra University. Overall good experience. It will be the best option for her.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?