6th May 2011, 04:56 PM

Marks needed for IPS exam? Can I apply for IPS exam after scoring 46%?

How much marks required for IPS exam? I have 46% markes in B.com,& can i apply for IPS exam? Where can i approach for exam? At what cost fee for exam? Which month call for exam?

2nd August 2011, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Marks needed for IPS exam? Can I apply for IPS exam after scoring 46%?

Marks needed for IPS exam? Can I apply for IPS exam after scoring 46%?
3rd August 2011, 12:15 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Marks needed for IPS exam? Can I apply for IPS exam after scoring 46%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
How much marks required for IPS exam? I have 46% markes in B.com,& can i apply for IPS exam? Where can i approach for exam? At what cost fee for exam? Which month call for exam?
IPS stands for Indian Police Service and this examination was Conducted By UPSC Every year, the examination was held in Two Stages, Preliminary Examination and Main Examination.

Firstly Candidates have to crack the Preliminary examination and then They are eligible to Sit In Main Examination. The Preliminary Examination was Held in June Every Year, For this Year Preliminary examination was already Completed.

And If you are Interested to apply for this examination, then You have to Fulfill the Given Eligiblity Criteria, So please check the Given Eligiblity Criteria for UPSC Civil services examination -

>> You Must be a Graduate in any discipline from a Recognised University.
>> Your age should between 21 to 30 years (For General Candidates).
>> Final Year Graduate Candidates are also eligible.
>> There is No minimum Percentage Eligiblity Criteria To apply for This examination.

So, If you have Passed in your B.com Course, then You are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination to become IPS Officer.

The Notification was Published in the Month of February in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC Official website. So, Firstly you have to crack the Preliminary examination and the examination are Objective and there are Two Papers in this examination, the Pattern and complete Information of this examination was availiable in the Given Notification, So please read the Notification OR visit the UPSC website -

http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 106 views)
3rd August 2011, 01:05 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for IPS.

Go through the Eligibility Criteria for IPS:

Educational qualification:
You should have completed your graduation in any discipline from any recognized university.
So you are eligible...but you also have to fulfill the criteria below........

Age limit:
Should have crossed 21 years. But should not have crossed 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs .

Physical Standard:
Height – Male 165 cm

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123,
age 24 – 124,
age 25 –122,
age 28 – 124,
age 30 –125,
age 32 – 126,
age 34 – 127.

Others:
Good listening & normal ear cavity. Candidate should not stammer while speaking.

If you fulfill it, then take a look at the admission procedure:

You can apply both online and offline.

For offline application, you have to collect the form from the designated post offices.

For online application, you have to visit the official website.

You will also get other details there...like exam date, other criteria etc....

official website-- http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th August 2011, 01:38 AM
btcs11

IPS exam is the one called Civil Services exam which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission

Eligibility for the exam is:
Nationality:indian or indian by origin
Academic: minimum a bachelors degree from any recognized university in any discipline
Numbers of attempts: OC-4, OBC-7 and SC/ST-no limit

so do not you can apply for IPS exam with your 46% of marks.
if you fit in all the above criteria you are eligible for IPS exam.
all the best
18th August 2011, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Does percentage matter for IPS exam?if yes then what is the minimum percentage one should have.
23rd August 2011, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

what is the eligibility fee for ips exams from the primilarily exam to final exam
11th September 2011, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

my eye sight is weak,can i try for ips.
12th September 2011, 02:04 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

Marks is not factor for IPS exam .If you have graduation degree then you are eligible for IPS exam.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candiadte have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candiadte is 3years and for SC/ST candiadte is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

The IPS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Interview.

thanks
18th September 2011, 05:25 PM
praveendia

as there is no issue of marks in csat exam for ips ias ifs etc u only required to graduate and age between 21 to 30 for general candidatde best of luck
24th September 2011, 03:53 PM
Tejasrk

Yes, you can apply for the exam.
8th October 2011, 12:58 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

yes!!!!!!!!,
you can apply for this exam , as you have completed your graduation,.
there is nothing about the minimum percentage requirement for apply in this exam .
the age limit for this examination is 21-30. there are 5 years of relaxation is given to SC\ST candidates.
The IPS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam\CSAT
2)Mains exam
3)Interview.

Numbers of attempts:-
for general candidates-4,

for OBC-7

and for SC/ST-no such limit.

thanks!!!!
16th October 2011, 07:18 PM
aries-rocks

Sir,
I would like to say that, there is not any kind of the minimum mark requirements for appear in this examination.
This civil service examination is conducted by UPSC (union public service commission) every year.

The age limit for this examination is 21-30.
there are 5 & 3 years of age relaxation are applicble for SC\ST & OBC Candidates.
i.e. 21-33 for OBC
21-35 for SC\ST candidate.

the minimum requirement for apply in this exam you must have to complete your graduation any stream from a recognized college.
So, you are eligible for this exam.
thanks!!!
29th March 2012, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

sir may i know which book to refer for ips examination ?
7th May 2012, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

I am twenty plus so is i am eligible for the exam
2nd June 2012, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

i am from punjab,but i am doing my bca from tamilnadu university.can i apply for ips
2nd June 2012, 02:21 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

IPS exam eligibility criteria:-

Exam Date : Prelim in 1st week of May & Mains in 2nd week of Oct

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs .

Number of Attempts: four

Exam Pattern :

All India Combined Competitive Examination for the Civil Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) comprises of two successive stages:

Preliminary Examination: It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.
Main Examination: It consists of written examination and interview.

So yes you can give the IPS exam. all the best
2nd June 2012, 06:41 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Percentage is no needed for IPS(Indian Police Service) exam, this exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) once in a year.

Eligibility criteria:

The candidate should be complete graduation in any stream from a recognised university of india.

Percentage is not required for this exam.

Final year appearing candidates also are eligible.

Nationality:

Citizen of INDIA.

Age criteria:

For General candidates 21 years to 30 years,

For OBC candidates 21 years to 33 years,

For SC/ST candidates 21 years to 35 years.

Selection procedure:

Civil services preliminary examination,

Civil services mains examination,

Personal interview.

No.of attempts:

4 times for General category,

7 times for OBC category,

No limit for SC/ST category.

For more information about this IPS exam please visit

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
28th February 2013, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

Sir i m in 12 class
which subject is very imp. In ips exam
1st March 2013, 12:46 AM
end of query
Senior Member+

hi
yes friend you are eligible in giving the IPS exam because the eligibility of giving the exam is that you just need to be a graduate from a recognized Indian university. There is no specified percentage required for the IPS exam.
1st March 2013, 12:51 AM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes you can apply for the exam and the fees for the exam is very nominal and th e notification is issued in the month of feb and you can aply it online at www.upsconline,.nic.in
9th October 2013, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I download IPS form from internet
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?