26th January 2015, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

From when I should start preparation of CAT being a B.Sc(Economics) 3rd year student? List of coaching classes with fee structure in Chennai?

hi!
m doing B.Sc Economics 3rd year.. plz guide me on when to start preparing for cat exam ? also which coaching institutes to go for in Chennai? and what would be the approximate fee structure for such coaching if i take up the classes from this month onward? Any other similar test that i must give apart from cat?

26th April 2015, 08:53 PM
aide006

Arrow Re: From when I should start preparation of CAT being a B.Sc(Economics) 3rd year student? List of coaching classes with fee structure in Chennai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi!
m doing B.Sc Economics 3rd year.. plz guide me on when to start preparing for cat exam ? also which coaching institutes to go for in Chennai? and what would be the approximate fee structure for such coaching if i take up the classes from this month onward? Any other similar test that i must give apart from cat?
If your maths is good then start with reading newspaper especially “Editorial page of The Hindu”. Pick some new words everyday. Understand various subjects in the editorial page of The Hindu. Even they are not appealing subjects for you. You should develop a habit to read all genres of subjects because the reading comprehensions will be of varied subjects mainly boring one’s.

If your maths is not good learn absolute basics of mathematics from NCERT books of 10th, 11th and 12th it will be a strong foundation for you to get the required knowledge to solve the questions of Quantitative ability in CAT. This is how one can start their preparation for CAT exam. Once you are prepared for enrolling to coaching classes. Research the same on Internet. Look for institute which has some best faculty and good study material.

These are some good coaching institutes in Chennai:-
  1. TIME - Annanagar/Adyar/Egmore/Madipakam/Tambaram/Velachery - Course fee is approx 35000/- Duration 12 Months
  2. IMS Adyar - Course fee- Approx 30,000/- Duration 18 Months
  3. Assent Educationa, Anna Nagar - Course fee is Approx 9000/- Duration 2 Months

These institutes will also provide a chance to write Mocks as a part of their course. Apart from those mocks try to enroll for another mock series. Not only writing you have to analyze the mocks which you take from time to time. Follow websites like pagalguy, mbauniverse, careeranna, mbarendezvous these are some very good websites with excellent articles.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?