5th February 2015, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

Being failed in class 11 makes me ineligible for UPSC exams?

I FAILED IN CLASS 11 AM I ELIGIBLE FOR UPSC EXAM
i passed my class 10 with 83.4% in 2009
after which I failed in class 11
but I passed my class 12 with 81 % in 2012
right now i am studying Metallurgical Engineering at NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,Rourkela
am i eligible for UPSC EXAM

5th February 2015, 04:29 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Being failed in class 11 makes me ineligible for UPSC exams?

You are supposed to produce Pass Certificates (12th class) during Interview, if you can submit your Originals in which there should be statement that you have successfully passed then you can apply for UPSC examination. If you cannot do so, I am really sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear for examination. I suggest you to clear Class 11 as early as possible, and meanwhile try to apply for UPSC examinations. You are still pursuing Engineering, and so you cannot apply for UPSC jobs where "Graduation" qualification is needed. But you can apply for UPSC Exams which requires "12th class" as an educational qualification. You can apply for NDA & NA (National Defense Academy and Naval Academy) and SCRA (Special Class Railway Apprentices) Examinations. The total selection process of NDA and SCRA Recruitments may take more than 8 months. If you can clear and get your Pass certificates of both 11th and 12th classes meanwhile (with in 8 to 10 months), you can produce Original certificates during UPSC Exams Interview.
5th February 2015, 05:29 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to appear for UPSC examination.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :

1. Candidate must be a citizen of India.

2. The candidate should have minimum of 21 years of age and maximum is 29 years of age.

3. Candidate should hold any degree from a recognized university or institution.

4. Candidates who done his graduation without passing class X and class XI are eligible for Civil service examination.
5th February 2015, 07:07 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

If you have failed 11th standard examinations and qualified again by appearing in supplementary examinations, then, you are eligible to appear in UPSC examinations. You have not mentioned your query properly, without qualifying 11th standard, how you have pursued 12th standard and Metallurgical Engineering courses. So, please mention details how you have pursued 12th standard without qualifying 11th standard examinations, so, that we can say that whether you are eligible or not to appear in UPSC examinations.
5th February 2015, 08:29 PM
anair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I FAILED IN CLASS 11 AM I ELIGIBLE FOR UPSC EXAM
i passed my class 10 with 83.4% in 2009
after which I failed in class 11
but I passed my class 12 with 81 % in 2012
right now i am studying Metallurgical Engineering at NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,Rourkela
am i eligible for UPSC EXAM
You are eligible for UPSC exams. It is required of you to pass your 12th class and be a degree holder to be eligible for UPSC exams. Your 11th class marks will not matter. So nothing to worry about that.

UPSC exams are very competitive. You must prepare really well in order to get a seat amongst lakhs of candidates.
All the best.
8th February 2015, 08:36 PM
somaray6606861

Dear Sir,
i clearly mentioned that i passed my class 10 in 2009 and class 12 in 2012
,both of them from CBSE Board .U can clearly understand that i have repeated class 11 i mean how can u study at NIT without even passing class 11
NIT most reputed next to IIT
So the only thing i have to do is produce a certificate that i passed 11 ,that's it .

Swastik
8th February 2015, 08:53 PM
somaray6606861

Dear Sir
I thought i clearly mentioned that i passed my class 10 in 2009 and class 12 in 2012 .How can a person without passing class 11, can pass class 12 and qualify for AIEEE and study at NIT ,which is second most reputed after IITs . I mean how will he be able to pass such a strong verification process and persue engineering without even passing class 11 .Of course,I did repeat class 11 ,to clear your doubt .
Now am I eligible for both UPSC and Intelligence Bureau.

Swastik
8th February 2015, 08:55 PM
somaray6606861

Quote:
Originally Posted by anair View Post
You are eligible for UPSC exams. It is required of you to pass your 12th class and be a degree holder to be eligible for UPSC exams. Your 11th class marks will not matter. So nothing to worry about that.

UPSC exams are very competitive. You must prepare really well in order to get a seat amongst lakhs of candidates.
All the best.
Thank you very much sir to clearing out my query
22nd May 2016, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

I am failed in class 11th so am i able to give NDA examination after i have completed my class 12?
11th March 2017, 08:34 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I have cleared my class 12 from IGNOU with 81 percent. Am I eligible to sit in NDA exam?
11th March 2017, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

I have done my 12 from Indra Gandhi Open University. Can I sit in UPSC exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?