5th February 2015, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for core companies placements if I have gap in education?

Hello,

My acadmic record is as follows.
10th 81%
12th 62%
be(instrumentation) 72%,all exams cleared in first attempt
but there is a problem that i hv done my be in 5 years instead of 4 years.i left my collage after 1st semester due to illness and then joined back in 2nd sem after 1 year.i got rejected in campus recuirement of cap gemini due to this reason as they don't want any gap in between a course.i was depressed after that.plzzz tell me weather i can get a good job in off campus placement or not???which IT and core companies can i apply into???

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for placements after having a gap of 3 years after 12th? How much salary will I get and which companies?
  2. If I have 6 backlogs will I be eligible for placement in core companies? Names of the core companies?
  3. I have 3 Gap Years, will I still be eligible for Placements?
  4. Placements in Core Companies after BE? Which are these core companies and how to get placed? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Year Gap Between Graduation and Post Graduation affecting Placements
  6. Minimum CGPA required to become eligible for Mechanical Core Companies?
  7. List of Companies(preferably I.T) which considers more than 2 years gap in education for job?
  8. Am I eligible for placements in core companies as my CGPA is 6? Should I prepare for GATE? Which subjects should I go through?
  9. Am I eligible for core companies after passing B.E 3rd year(Electrical and Power)?
  10. Am I eligible to sit for placements in companies after scoring 82% in 10th, 56% in 12th, 84% in B.Tech
  11. How the core companies select the freshers? What are the steps to be followed? How to know about the off campus placements?
  12. Will I be eligible for a job in a good company after having 7 years of gap in education
  13. Are we responsible to get a perfect job after doing B.Tech ECE?
  14. How could I come to know about the companies hiring B.Tech ECE students in off campus placements?
  15. Am i eligible for placements in MNC companies?
  16. Which core companies come for Chemical Engineers?
  17. Am I eligible for placements in companies like TCS, Wipro, Infosys having 1 year gap?
  18. Am I eligible for campus placements in TCS if I have 1 year gap between 10th and 12th and 2 years gap between 12th and B.Tech?
7th February 2015, 10:46 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for core companies placements if I have gap in education?

Yes, there are many companies which do not allow any gap in education especially in the qualifying degree course. So, you will not be eligible in those companies. But there is nothing to lose hope. Prepare yourself mentally and go for the companies which allow you. This is because there are companies which do not take into account such criteria. You should also build up a backup as soon as possible. You should prepare for the entrance exams like GATE, UPSC Civil Service, etc. to get rid of this problem and have a better career ahead. You can also get good job in Off- Companies but most of the top IT companies do not allow such gap in education. However, there are several small-scale and startup companies. You should approach them for jobs.
20th October 2020, 11:38 AM
Priya Dhongade

Default Re: Am I eligible for core companies placements if I have gap in education?

If you get a specific knowledge then no matter there is gap in your education your eligible for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?