16th February 2015, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Fee expenses to study B.Tech(ECE) in Vellore Institute of Technology? Eligibility to appear in VITEEE with 54% marks in 12th?

Respected Sir
I have competed 12th last year with 54%
Can I give VITEEE this year?
What is the fee of ECE B.Tech in Vellore?
please let me know asap

19th February 2015, 10:08 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Fee expenses to study B.Tech(ECE) in Vellore Institute of Technology? Eligibility to appear in VITEEE with 54% marks in 12th?

Yes you are eligible provided you belong to the reserved category since your percentage is less for the general category. Aspirants for VITEEE should have completed or in final year of class 12 in regular stream are eligible. Candidates who have completed Intermediate or equivalent are eligible for the VITEEE. Minimum aggregate should be 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in class 12. Candidates belonging to SC/ST, Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura should have scored minimum 50 per cent marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology in class 12. The fee structure is Rs 1.76 lakh to Rs 1.98 lakh per annum.
20th February 2015, 01:16 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Fee expenses to study B.Tech(ECE) in Vellore Institute of Technology? Eligibility to appear in VITEEE with 54% marks in 12th?

With 54% marks in the 12th standard you will not be allowed to write the examination as the standard cutoff for class 12th marks in VIT and other top universities is 60%.
The reputed private universities across the country do not accept any candidate below 60%. So you can give improvement papers for your class 12th papers and then come to sit for VITEEE.

The standard fees for ECE branch in VIT is 2.5lakhs as per current batch but if you attain a good rank in the VITEEE then you can also get scholarship and the fees will be reduced.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?