6th March 2015, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in UPSC exam after completing MBBS if dropping a year after 12th?

Hello Sir,
I'm a Science student of 12th I take a drop this year
as I didn't get selected in NEET UG.
So, the question to which I need answer
was can I face UPSC exam after completing my MBBS
and also if there is any age limit or a criteria to face UPSC exam.
Thank You!

7th March 2015, 08:05 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in UPSC exam after completing MBBS if dropping a year after 12th?

Yes, you can appear in UPSC examinations after completing MBBS course even if you have dropped a year after 12th standard. UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. UPSC Conducts various examinations like IAS, IPS, IES, IFS, CDS, ISS, etc. for the recruitment of candidates to various posts in government departments. Eligibility riteria required to appear in UPSC examinations is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as mentioned below :-
--> OBC :- 3 Years
--> SC/ST :- 5 Years

4. You must be Physically fit.

By satisfying the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you are eligible to appear in UPSC examinations after completion of your MBBS course from a recognized university.
11th April 2015, 08:13 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in UPSC exam after completing MBBS if dropping a year after 12th?

Yes you can apply for UPSC even you have dropped one year after 12th. There is a chance for you. More over you need to satisfy the certain eligibility criteria for UPSC Exams.

In general UPSC conducts the various examination every year according to the requirement. Under UPSC you can apply for below examinations.

1.Civil's

2.Indian Forest Services

3.Special Class Railway Apprentice

4.CDS Examination etc.,

For all the above examinations you must satisfy it's own eligibility criteria .
For Instance , for Civil's Examination you must be a graduate from the recognized university And Age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

There is a Age relaxation according to the government norms.
14th April 2015, 08:53 PM
poojasingh151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I'm a Science student of 12th I take a drop this year
as I didn't get selected in NEET UG.
So, the question to which I need answer
was can I face UPSC exam after completing my MBBS
and also if there is any age limit or a criteria to face UPSC exam.
Thank You!
Yes, there is no issue, you can appear for the different entrance exams conducted by Union Public Service Commission even with one year gap after completion of your Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.

Some of the entrance exams for you:

~~Civil Services examinations.

~~Indian Forest Services exam.

~~Combined Medical Services exam.

The age limit for all these exams is 21-30 years for candidates of general category with age relaxation of three years for OBC and five years for SC/ST candidates.

You are also eligible for:

~~Combined Defense services.

~~Central Police Force exam.

For any more details about these exams, you can visit the official website that is www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?