3rd January 2012, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

Can I join MBBS program after completing B.Sc nursing? Is there any equivalent course to MBBS?

can i join mbbs afer b.sc nursing?
can i join 2nd year in mbbs?
is there seperate course like post MBBS?
does it hav the same value of MBBS?

4th June 2012, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I join MBBS program after completing B.Sc nursing? Is there any equivalent course to MBBS?

can i join mbbs course after passing B.Sc nursing
6th March 2013, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I join MBBS program after completing B.Sc nursing? Is there any equivalent course to MBBS?

Can I join MBBS program after completing B.Sc nursing? Is there any equivalent course to MBBS?
7th March 2013, 12:47 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

There is no such thing as Post MBBS. The post graduation course here is called MD. But you are not eligible for that until you have completed MBBS. As far as MBBS is concerned, I don't think its the way forward for you.

It makes no sense to first do B.Sc in Nursing and then MBBS. You should only choose one course out of these two. You would be making your Nursing degree irrelevant by doing MBBS.

It would not be wise to waste 4 years of Nursing course and now apply for the MBBS. Anyway if you still want to do, then please understand that there is no lateral entry in MBBS that you are talking about.

Nursing graduates will have to follow same procedure to apply for MBBS as 12th pass candidate. You must appear for the NEET entrance exam and clear it to get admission.

Admission in second year or lateral entry is not possible for MBBS course. There is no college in India that offers lateral entry for MBBS. The Medical Council of India has also made is very clear that it will not accept any lateral entry degree.

Therefore even if you manage to find any college that offers admission for Nursing graduates into second year of MBBS, please do not fall for the trap. There are some colleges outside India that offer lateral entry. But these degrees too will face same hurdle as Medical Council of India will not accept them.

Ideally you should do M.Sc in Nursing instead of MBBS. Otherwise you have option of becoming nurse in government hospital. You can also apply for nurse job in Public Sector Undertakings.
19th September 2014, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am a BSC Biotechnology final year student. After this i would like to do MBBS and then to do MD and Phd . Inorder to get in to good ranks i think i have to repeat and then join and continue as i wish. Sir i would like to know your suggestion about this.
Thank you
19th September 2014, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am a BSC Biotechnology final year student. After this i would like to do MBBS and then to do MD and Phd . Inorder to get in to good ranks i think i have to repeat and then join and continue as i wish. Sir i would like to know your suggestion about this.
Thank you
29th December 2019, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

Is this possible to join 3rd year for MBBS in india after 2nd year BSC nursing
19th January 2021, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I do neet after completing BSC nursing
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?