21st March 2015, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

How can I get a promotion if working as a PO in Bank of Baroda for last 6 years?

Respected Sir,
I am already working as a PO in Bank of Baroda.
I want to get promotion. This is my 6th year.
Kindly tell me what I have to do for promotion?

31st March 2015, 10:50 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I get a promotion if working as a PO in Bank of Baroda for last 6 years?

Promotion in banks has now become faster than before because banking sector is growing very fast that is why the government and mostly banks are promoting their employees for higher posts in the bank.

You have been working in Bank of Baroda for the last six years so as far as my views are concerned, you must have got promoted at least once while your service but you haven't got promoted so this is very bad.

First of all you should watch yourself whether you are perfect on the duty or not because Branch Manager provides report to the Zonal Manager about all the employees status and their working ability then Zonal Manager decides whether the employee should be promoted or not so see your work and time first.

Second thing is that if the bank offers you for promotion and want to post you in Rural or Semir Urban area then you should accept it immediately because may be due to your wish of not working in rural area, you are not being promoted and as far as my knowledge, PO gets promoted in 3-4 years as a branch manager in rural area so you should accept such proposals otherwise you will not get promoted.

Banks also send POs for trial to the rural area for one or two months as a BM and gets feedback of the customers and other services implemented by you in the bank branch so you should also perform better in such conditions to get promoted.

One more thing is that you should contact to the General Manager, Regional Manager and Zonal Manager of your bank because if you have good identity with these managers then you can treat them with a little party to be considered for promotion and most of the time this happens in all private and public sector banks so you should understand these situations as well.

Behave good with your Branch Manager and treat him as good as possible so he will send right feedback and report to the higher authorities and they may consider you for promotion.

One thing also there is that may be the bank is still not promoting employees due to having enough on higher posts so you should wait for some more time and if bank requires then they will definitely consider you better for promotion.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?