6th February 2016, 07:44 AM
Unregistered

How many chances are given to Diploma holders for writing IIT JEE entrance?

Sir,

I am in third year of my diploma in automobile engineering. I wish to appear for the entrance examination of IIT JEE. But before that i want to know how many chances are given for that to students like me?

Please tell me.

6th February 2016, 09:30 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many chances are given to Diploma holders for writing IIT JEE entrance?

Sorry, to say that Diploma holders are not eligible to write JEE Main entrance examination because IIT's does not offers Lateral Entry admissions in Engineering course. To be eligible to appear in JEE Main entrance examination, the candidate must have passed 12th standard with PCM stream subjects namely Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, you are not eligible to write JEE Main entrance examination.

6th February 2016, 10:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many chances are given to Diploma holders for writing IIT JEE entrance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

I am in third year of my diploma in automobile engineering. I wish to appear for the entrance examination of IIT JEE. But before that i want to know how many chances are given for that to students like me?

Please tell me.
Diploma candidates are eligible for IIT JEE exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Eligible candidates can apply consecutively for 3 years.

Candidates age should be in between 17 to 25 years.

6th February 2016, 04:11 PM
Jitu369

First I want to clear you that diploma holders can not appear for IIT-JEE.

>> Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is being conducted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) every year for admission of B.Tech in IITs.
>> There is no any provision for diploma holders in eligibitity criteria for JEE.
>> Only candidates who passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination with PCM can appear for JEE.
>> So, there is no any chance to appear for JEE after completion of diploma.
>> But you can get admission for B.Tech course apart from IIT & NIT by lateral entry through LEET entrance examination.

6th February 2016, 10:13 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, diploma passed candidates are not eligible to appear for JEE examination conducted for admission of candidates in various government and private institutions.

But, if you are interested in pursuing the b.tech course you are eligible to get admission in second year of B.tech course through lateral entry examination. LEET examination is conducted by various state and private university.

Candidates passed or appearing for 10+2 with PCM/PCB are only eligible to appear for JEE examination. For more information about JEE examination visit at http://www.jeemain.nic.in

19th November 2019, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

I have passed the 10th in 2019 with cbse but due to some problems I will do 10 2 in 2020-2024. So, how many chances will be given to me in iit jee in which years .. Please reply

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?