6th July 2015, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

Is the IIT entrance exam same after completion of 12th and diploma course?

Hey i want to ask u one que...

the entrence exam after 12th n diploma will be the same?? can you please let me know the information on this as I need to start the preparation for the exam as well?

Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible for me to get lateral entry in IIT after completion of diploma course in information technology?
  2. How to join NIT and IIT after completion of diploma coruse?
  3. Is this possible to appear for IIT Entrance Exam after completion of Diploma course?
  4. What is the procedure for appearing in IIT after completion of diploma in ETC?
  5. Which Entrance Exam I have to appear for to study Aeronautics in IIT after the completion of 12th?
  6. Diploma or IIT which is better for 12th passed candidate who have secured 85% marks?
  7. Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  8. Diploma holders are eligible for IIT-JEE exam?
  9. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  10. Is it possible to go for diploma directly after completion of 9th standard?
  11. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after completion of diploma with mechanical engineering
  12. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study B.Tech(ME) in IIT being a Diploma student? Procedure to apply?
  13. Is it possible to join IIT after completion of 3 years diploma course from BTEUP?
  14. Procedure to get admission in IIT Bombay after Diploma engineering? Score required in final semester?
  15. Can I have eligibility for AIEEE and IIT Entrance exam after completing my Diploma course? Is diploma is a Bachelore Degree?
  16. What is the admission procedure followed for getting Engineering course after completion of Diploma course?
  17. Can I get into IIT after diploma? Which are the entrance exams to be answered? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can a commerce student do B.Tech?
7th July 2015, 08:39 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is the IIT entrance exam same after completion of 12th and diploma course?

No, IIT entrance examination is not same for candidates who have completed 12th standard and Diploma course. Candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board are eligible to appear in IIT entrance examination. Diploma holders are not eligible to appear in IIT entrance examination because, IITs does not offer lateral entry admissions. So, Diploma holders are not eligible to get admission in IIT.
7th July 2015, 02:44 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is the IIT entrance exam same after completion of 12th and diploma course?

For your kind information i want to tell you that there is no provision for IIT on the basis of diploma course.

I mean to say is that IIT does not offer any entrance exam for the diploma candidates.

You can only enters in the IIT's after completing your senior secondary education.

After completing your 12th class you have to appear in the entrance exam conducted by the IIT's under the name of "JEE mains" and "JEE advance".

My suggestion to you is that you should prepare yourself for the entrance exam and try to score as much as you can.

Also one more thing that you should know is that now the marks of your 12th standard are also considered during calculating your rank.

So my suggestion to you is that you should try to score good marks in your 12th class also.
7th July 2015, 08:10 PM
parnel
Junior Member+

No,The entrance exam for graduation after 12th and Diploma re not same.

Actually the 12th standard is only for the 2 years and it is mainly based on the science subjects and Diploma is for 3 years and the subjects are mainly based on the stream you choose so the entrance test will be different for both.

Moreover diploma candidates are not eligible to apply for the JEE MAINS or for JEE ADVANCED so you cannot join the IIT or NIT for graduation course.

If you want to study in IIT then you have to opt for 12th but not Diploma.

If you want to do Diploma and to do graduation then you can get seat in the universities and local colleges affiliated to those universities through the entrance test conducted by the state education board.
8th July 2015, 03:08 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

To be able top appear in IIT JEE entrance examination, one should have appeared for his/her 12th boards as it is the basic requirement to appear for IIT JEE examination.

However, any Diploma holders will not be eligible to appear for IIT-JEE examination, as it is done on the basis of 10th boards. Therefore, Diploma holders are not at all eligible to get admission in IITs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?