20th June 2010, 03:37 PM
bhavs

Is there any future scope in Masters in Bioinformatics?

hello,

Is doing masters in bioinformatics will have future in india,i man masters also in india?please do reply me,its very urjent.........

Related Questions:
  1. Colleges offering masters in Bioinformatics and scope for the same? Job opportunities after the course?
  2. Future career options available after pursuing Masters in Bioinformatics?
  3. Is this a good decision of shifting to Masters in Bio-Informatics after the completion of B.Tech in EEE?
  4. Which subject is preferred among masters in International Relations, masters in IT or masters in Banking and Finance?
  5. What are the future scope of getting a job after completion of masters in Police Administration? -- [New]
  6. Do I need to appear in NET/SLET for amission in PhD Bioinformatics? Is there any exam or test other than BINC?
  7. Is it possible to do masters in Mechanical after scoring 5.75 CGPA in B.Tech? Scope of doing masters from US and Europe?
  8. What does MFA(Masters in Fiance), MIB(Masters in international Business) and MTA(Masters in Tourism Administration) deal with? What is the future and scope in all the courses?
  9. Which are the good universities in UK for pursuing Masters in Environmental Biotechnology and for Masters in Biotech with Bioinformatics?
  10. Scope of Masters in Geo Informatics? What will be the future growth in this field?
  11. Which is having better scope between masters in Ecology or wildlife?
  12. Postgraduation in bioinformatics, colleges offering this course and their eligibility -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Career prospects in the field of Bioinformatics? Best colleges for M.Tech (Bioinformatics) in India?
  14. What should I choose between Biotechnology, Microbiology and Bioinformatics for Ph.D programme? Which one has better scope?
  15. Scope of B.Sc Bio-Informatics and M.Sc in Bio-Informatics?
  16. What are the subjects in B.Sc(Bioinformatics)? Colleges, fee and eligibility?
  17. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available for M.Sc(Bioinformatic) students?
  18. How to get a good job after doing MSc Bioinformatics
23rd May 2011, 07:48 AM
Neenubaby
Member+

Default Re: Is there any future scope in Masters in Bioinformatics?

Hi,

yes, there are many scope for Masters in Bioinformatics.
The scope of bioinformatics is in areas like database design and maintenance, sequence assembly, proteomics, clinical pharmacologist, sequence analysis, informatics developer and bio-analytic.
Excellent job opportunities are available in Biotech and Pharmaceutical companies in India.
Indian companies like Wipro, Reliance, Satyam, TCS and companies like Accelrys and IBM Life Sciences Pubgene, Silicon Genetics and Tessella offer good employments to the bioinformatics candidates.
Due to increasing demand of bioinformatics candidates, a career in bioinformatics offer good prospects.

For more Details:
http://biospectrumindia.ciol.com/content/careers/10306091.asp
http://biospectrumindia.ciol.com/content/features/informatics/10302101.asp
3rd January 2012, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is there any future scope in Masters in Bioinformatics?

Currently I am working in IBM as Software Engineer. I have pursued BE in Bioinformatics and looking for a better a career in Bioinformatics. Please suggest wether I should go for MS in Bioinformatics. At the same time I don't have much funding. So also explain how can I get schloraship and get admission in a good university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?