27th August 2016, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do M.Sc Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc in Life Sciences?

Am I eligible for msc in biotechnology after completing bsc in life science?
Also please provide me with the names of the best colleges for pursuing a msc course in biotechnology. If msc in biotechnology isn't possible after bsc in life science then what are the other options for higher studies so that I can land a job in research sectors?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I do BSc life sciences or BSc Microbiology? Is it possible to do MSc Biotechnology after BSc Life Science?
  2. Which course is better between M.Sc in Bio-Analytical Sciences and M.Sc. in Biotechnology having completed B.Sc. in Biotechnology?
  3. Information about MSc entrance exam in life sciences at IISC? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can i do Msc in Biotechnology after passing BSc in Physics
  5. Can I do M.Sc Biotechnology course after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology? -- [New]
  6. What is the salary for M.Sc Microbiology and M.Sc Biotechnology? What are the different career options after M.Sc Microbiology and M.Sc Biotechnology?
  7. What is the syllabus of MSc Life Science? I am doing BSc Life Science programme
  8. How to download the BARC syllabus for Ph.D programme biotech?
  9. Am I eligible to appear for CSIR/JRF NET exam for Life Sciences after doing MSc?
  10. Am I eligible to appear for MSc Biotechnology entrance after passing BSc course with Chemistry, Zoology, Botany?
  11. Colleges offering M.Sc(Biotechnology) in Pune? Eligibility to apply for B.Sc(Life Science) student?
  12. Will I get a job in India if I do M.Sc in Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc Biotechonology?
  13. Am I eligible for government job after doing BSc and MSc in Biotechnology and B.Ed
  14. What can I do between MSc Biotechnology and MBA after completing BSc with Biotechnology
  15. When is the entrance exam for MSc in Life science? I am doing BSc in Life Science
  16. List of recognized colleges for MSc in Forensic after doing BSc in Life Sciences from Hansraj College?
  17. Is it better to do MSc in UK or USA after completing BSc Biotechnology
  18. Colleges for M.Tech(biotech) with GATE score of 231?
28th August 2016, 11:40 PM
goyal.com
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Sc Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc in Life Sciences?

For M.Sc Biotechnology candidate must have passed Bachelor’s degree in Physical, Biological, Agricultural, Veterinary and fishery sciences, Pharmacy, Engineering/Technology, etc. The minimum percentage required for M.Sc Biotechnology in your Bachelor degree is 55%.

As per the information you have provided in your query, you completed B.Sc in Life Sciences so, you are not eligible to get admission in M.Sc Biotechnology. As you want to know the other options for higher studies so that you can land a job in research sectors here, I am going to tell you the same:

M.Sc in Life Science field

MBA

Master of Philosophy (M. Phil) in Applied Physics

Diploma in Research sector

Laboratory courses in researach
28th August 2016, 11:40 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Sc Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc in Life Sciences?

Yes, you are very much eligible to opt for M.Sc in Biotechnology after completion of your B.Sc in Life Science, for that you should have completed your graduation from a recognized university and will also have to appear and clear an entrance test conducted by the state or in some cases by the prospective Institute.

Once you clear the examination, you will be most eligible to get admission in the course and can continue further on with your studies.
28th August 2016, 11:44 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible for msc in biotechnology after completing bsc in life science?
Also please provide me with the names of the best colleges for pursuing a msc course in biotechnology. If msc in biotechnology isn't possible after bsc in life science then what are the other options for higher studies so that I can land a job in research sectors?
Being a B.Sc in Life science stream graduate, you are definitely eligible for M.Sc in Biotechnology. Those who are interested to apply for M.Sc in Biotechnology must complete a Graduation in Biotechnology or its related specialization from a recognized university. Final year candidates may also be eligible. Your age should be not less than 18 years. Mostly the admission will be based on the score obtained in the entrance exam conducted by the respective university.
26th August 2020, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MSc microbiology after completion BSc life science?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?