26th January 2018, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

How can I join the Indian Air Force after passing 10th? Eligibility criteria, entrance exams, courses for Jet Pilot, fees and admission procedure?

How can join Indian Air Force after passing my Matriculation i.e. 10th? What all are the different criteria in terms of education, physical fitness and others requirements? What all entrance exam I need to undergo? What course I can opt at higher levels for becoming a Jet Pilot? Please, give all details.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What is the eligibility criteria required to become a Fighter Pilot in the Indian Air Force? Do I have to join any Training Institutes for it?
  3. What is must for becoming an Air Force Pilot?
  4. How can I join Indian Air Force as a Pilot after completing B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)? Percentage required to join? Entrance exams to join?
  5. How can I join Indian Air force as a Pilot?
  6. What is the minimum eligibility criteria asked for joining as fighter pilot in Indian Air Force?
  7. How to join Indian Air Force after passing class 10th? What is the education requirement for Indian Air Force?
  8. How to join Indian Air Force after passing 12th science
  9. How can I Join Indian Air Force as pilot?
  10. Is it necessary to study PCM to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?
  11. Eligibility criteria to join Air-force as a Pilot? Is there any reservation provided to defense personal entrants in Air Force?
  12. Procedure to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force for 10th girl student? -- [New]
  13. How can I join as Pilot in Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 10th standard?
  14. What is the procedure to join Indian Air Force after completing class 10th?
  15. Is it possible to join Air Force after 10th? What is the procedure?
  16. How to be a fighter pilot after passing 9th in computer science subject? What is the procedure to become fighter pilot in Pak Air Force? What are the rules and fees?
  17. Procedure to join Indian Air Force after 10th?
  18. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis?
30th January 2018, 10:12 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join the Indian Air Force after passing 10th? Eligibility criteria, entrance exams, courses for Jet Pilot, fees and admission procedure?

It is impossible to join Indian AIR Force(IAF) after passing class 10.
You have to complete 10+2 exam in Science stream with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects to appear in NDA(National Defense Academy) exam to join IAF.

The eligibility criteria for flying branch/Fighter pilot at Indian air force is different from technical and ground duty branches.
>>Age limit: candidates age should be between 19 to 23 years.
>>Educational qualification: candidates should complete 10+2 exam in science stream with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects. Candidates should secure minimum 60% marks in the 10+2 exam.
>>Physical standards:

**Height: candidate's height should be minimum 162.5 cms.
**Vision:Minimum Visual Acuity 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other, correctable to 6/6 only for hypermetropia.

>>You should complete 10+2 exam in science stream with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and complete graduation with minimum 60% marks to appear in the entrance exams to become a Jet pilot.
31st January 2018, 07:54 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join the Indian Air Force after passing 10th? Eligibility criteria, entrance exams, courses for Jet Pilot, fees and admission procedure?

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force after completion of your 10th standard. To be eligible to join Indian Air Force, you should have passed 12th standard with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a Government recognised board. You should be in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years. You should be an unmarried male candidate and should be physically as well as mentally healthy. If you fulfill the above mentioned eligiblity criteria then, you can apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Air Force.
31st January 2018, 11:03 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

After passing Matriculation, you cannot appear for Indian Air Force exam or join Indian Air Force through their recruitment exam.
After 10th, you will have to opt for PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) to be eligible for joining Indian Air Force.
In 12th standard, you can appear for NDA exam and apply for Air Force wing of NDA.
To qualify NDA exam, you will have to clear written test first and then qualify SSB Interview.

Here are the physical requirements required for NDA Air Force wing.

Other than NDA exam, you can appear for AFCAT exam in the final year of graduation.
There will be written test first and then physical fitness test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?