29th April 2020, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Merchant Navy with Mathematics and IT in Intermediate Commerce stream?

I am pursuing my Intermediate from Commerce stream with Mathematics and IT as one of my major subjects. I wish to join Merchant Navy. Am I eligible for it? Is there any course which I can study after Intermediate to get in Navy?

1st April 2023, 01:39 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy with Mathematics and IT in Intermediate Commerce stream?

Although it's not possible to join Merchant navy with commerce but if you are keen to join merchant navy then you can do so by repeating class 12th with PCM and clearing IMU CET by opting for following courses , and join as an officer.

To join Deck department
Diploma Nautical science
BSc Nautical science

To join Engine department
B.Tech Marine engineering
Graduate Marine Engineering
Diploma Marine Engineering

As well as by opting for GP Rating Course, a commerce student can join Merchant Navy and become a part of ratings onboard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?