26th December 2017, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to join Merchant Navy after 12th in Commerce with Maths as a major subject?

I have passed my 12th with Commerce having Mathematics as one of the major subject. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can I join Merchant Navy to take Maths, Commerce subject? How much percentage can I score in 12th class?
  3. Eligibility to join Merchant Navy for a girl candidate with 55% in 12th Commerce? -- [New]
  4. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  5. Can I join Merchant navy after passing 12th commerce? What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  6. How can I join merchant navy if my stream is commerce?
  7. Subject combination to opt in 11th Commerce to join Merchant Navy?
  8. Can a Commerce stream student join Merchant Navy? How can I join Merchant Navy?
  9. Am I eligible to join the Merchant Navy course after passing 12th with 60% marks in commerce stream with Maths?
  10. Which is the best Post for Girls in the Merchant Navy who does not have Maths as subject in class 12th?
  11. How can I join Merchant Navy with commerce stream? I have passed 12th HSc exam
  12. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th commerce
  13. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completing class 12th with Commerce stream? How can I join the Merchant Navy?
  14. Should I join Merchant Navy after passing commerce with 75% in 12th boards? What is the scope for commerce students in Merchant Navy?
  15. Can I join Merchant Navy if failed in Maths but qualified in 12th standard?
  16. A commerce student who can solve maths problem can apply for Merchant Navy?
  17. Am I eligible to join merchant navy if I had completed 12th with Biology as main subject?
  18. Can I join merchant navy after 12th commerce?
27th December 2017, 05:39 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join Merchant Navy after 12th in Commerce with Maths as a major subject?

No, you are not eligible to join Merchant Navy. The required qualification to join the service is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper.

Candidates have to qualify in written, medical and physical test for final selection.

So, you cannot appear in examination if you have completed 12th with commerce stream.
27th December 2017, 08:47 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join Merchant Navy after 12th in Commerce with Maths as a major subject?

No, you are not eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of your 12th standard in Commerce with Mathematics as a major subject. To be eligible to join Merchant Navy, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from a Government recognised board. Since, you have not pursued Physics and Chemistry subjects in your 12th standard, you are not eligible to join Merchant Navy.
27th December 2017, 09:12 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Mathematics is not sufficient to be eligible for pursuing Merchant Navy course.

In addition with Mathematics, you must have Physics subject in 11th and 12th standard to be eligible for applying Merchant Navy.

If you don't have Physics and Mathematics in 12th standard, then you cannot apply for Merchant Navy course.

For pursuing Merchant Navy course, you will have to pursue anyone of the given course:
  • B.E Marine Engineering
  • B.Sc Nautical Science
  • B.Tech Naval Architecture and Ship Building
  • B.Tech Marine Engineering
  • Diploma in Nautical Science
27th December 2017, 10:46 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria for joining Merchant Navy after 12th standard are:-

A student must pass 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
Only Unmarried candidates are allowed to join this course.

As you passed 12th standard with commerce stream thus you are not eligible to join this course.
28th December 2017, 09:50 AM
nishanth60

No, you are not eligible to join in merchant navy as you have studied 12 th standard in commerce stream even though you have studied mathematics as one of the subjects.
Eligibility for merchant navy :
-> Minimum educational qualification required to apply for merchant navy job is 12 th class pass with physics, chemistry and mathematics as subjects from government recognised college.
-> Only unmarried Indian citizens( both male and female) are eligible to apply.
-> Age limit to apply for this job is 17.5-25 years and the candidate must complete ship training course before joining job in merchant navy.
# And the selection of candidates is done by screening test, main exam, personal interview and medical test.
# And physical standards required to apply for this post are :
-> Height should be 150 cm for men and 145 cm for women candidates.
-> Weight should be 42.5 kgs for men candidates and 39 kgs for female candidates.
-> Eye sight should be 6/6 in good eye, 6/9 in bad eye for distant vision.
28th December 2017, 06:19 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Commerce stream candidates are not eligible for recruitment in Merchant Navy.

The required minimum qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper,

So, you are not eligible to join the service.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?