30th September 2011, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

Top 10 universities for Ph.D Astrophysics? Selection Procedure for Ph.D in these Universities?

hello
iwant the astrophysics top ten universities and their phd selections

Related Questions:
  1. List of universities which offer PhD in Astrophysics in India
  2. How can I do Ph.D in both Astrophysics and Nanotechnology? How may I do both in a sequence with Astrophysics first?
  3. Procedure of PhD programs Abroad? Universities and countries offering PhD by research?
  4. Universities offering Integrated M.Tech+Ph.D in Astrophysics programme for MCA graduate?
  5. Universities which offer scholarships for Ph.D degree? Eligibility criteria and selection pattern?
  6. What kind of stipend can I expect from the universities offering Ph.D in Abroad? Procedure to take admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Date of PhD entrance exams in various universities of India? Registration and selection procedure?
  8. List universities for doing Ph.D. in Astrology stream? Also tell me about their selection criteria?
  9. What is the last date to get the Ph.D entrance exam form?
  10. List of universities offering PhD in English in India? Procedure to apply?
  11. List of top 10 universities which offer PhD in Computer Science in India?
  12. Ph.D after completing M.Sc Zoology with 82%?
  13. Which are the universities offering Ph.D in Sanskrit? Universities offering Ph.D without entrance?
  14. Top 5 universities in India offering PhD course?
  15. Syllabus and the top universities offering Ph.d? Names of the universities and IITs?
  16. How may I do Ph.D from top universities? How may I get details for the same?
  17. Procedure to enroll in correspondence PhD(Statistics)? List of universities in India? -- [New]
  18. List of universities which offer PhD in Economics in Abroad? Procedure to apply?
16th December 2011, 07:57 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Top 10 universities for Ph.D Astrophysics? Selection Procedure for Ph.D in these Universities?

Its difficult to mark university as top ten but these are the top universities providing Ph.D in Astrophysics.
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore;
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Bangalore;
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Pune;
Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad;
Raman Research Institute , Bangalore;
Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bangalore;
Institute of Physics , Bhubhaneswar;
Institute for Plasma Research (IPR), Gandhinagar; I
Inter-University Centre for Astronomy & Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune;
S N Bose Centre for Basic Natural Sciences, Kolkata;
The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai.

For the Ph.D program Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) is conducted every year. Successful candidates in the entrance exam are called for an interview and depending upon their performance, are selected as Junior Research Fellows for Ph.D. program.
15th July 2015, 11:28 AM
Ganesh 4

Default Re: Top 10 universities for Ph.D Astrophysics? Selection Procedure for Ph.D in these Universities?

Top universities providing Ph.D in Astrophysics.....

Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Bangalore

Inter-University Centre for Astronomy & Astrophysics , Pune

Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Pune

S N Bose Centre for Basic Natural Sciences, Kolkata

Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad

The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai

Raman Research Institute , Bangalore

Institute for Plasma Research (IPR), Gandhinagar

Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bangalore

Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore

Institute of Physics , Bhubhaneswar
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?