19th March 2012, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

What is difference between Masters from KSOU Mysore and Masters from other institutions?

sir,
I just wanted to know whether a master degree from KSOU mysore is equivalent to Master degree of traditional degrres. ie whether the degree holders of KSOU Mysore are eligible to teach in engineering colleges. Please clarify my doubts
regards

Related Questions:
  1. Which is the best branch of MBA?
  2. Which branch should I choose for doing MBA? I'm pursuing B.Tech(IT)
  3. What is the difference between masters in professional engineering and masters in engineering?
  4. Difference between M.A, M.Sc and simple masters in any subject?
  5. Is it beneficial to study MS in Abroad instead of India?
  6. Scope of M Tech in Computer Science? How much is the salary package and what to do after M.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. List of the universities in Germany in structural civil engineering in Ph.D?
  8. List of best institutes in India for masters in HM? I want to do Masters in Hotel Management
  9. Courses available to study for B.Sc(Home Science) male graduate?
  10. Basic difference between masters of finance and masters of financial Engineering? universities in US offering the course? Fee structure and opportunities?
  11. List of universities in Germany that offer MS courses in Civil engineering
  12. Eligibility criteria for masters in medicine? I have done my post graduation in Masters in Pharmacy
  13. Can I get a dual masters degree in the same subject with one year's difference in academic session?
  14. Is KSOU, Mysore approved by AICTE for technical education?
  15. Masters in Microbiology or Masters in Biochemistry which course is better?
  16. List of good Universities in Germany where I can apply for PhD in Pharmacology? -- [New]
  17. Am I eligible for masters in computer science after doing FSC Pre engineering and B.Com(IT)? List of top institutes for masters in computers?
  18. Which is the best post graduate course to do after BDS?
27th March 2012, 10:08 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is difference between Masters from KSOU Mysore and Masters from other institutions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
I just wanted to know whether a master degree from KSOU mysore is equivalent to Master degree of traditional degrres. ie whether the degree holders of KSOU Mysore are eligible to teach in engineering colleges. Please clarify my doubts
regards
The master degree offered by Karnataka State Open University in non-technical departments, will be considered equivalent to degree offered by any other university as it is recognized by University Grant Commission as well as Distance Education Council of India.

The University, however, is not approved by All India Council for Technical Education and in order to be eligible to teach in an engineering college, you must pursue your masters degree program from AICTE approved institute.
Technical programs pursued from any university not recognized by All India Council for Technical Education, is not accepted for most of the jobs and higher studies in technical department.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?