17th November 2018, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

Entrance exams available to study MBBS in United Kingdom?

Respected Sir, I want to know the entrance exams which help me to get admission in MBBS course in United Kingdom. I have searched alot but I don’t know that which entrance exam is suitable to get admission in MBBS course in United Kingdom?

9th February 2019, 01:57 PM
chaithramsamapath

Default Re: Entrance exams available to study MBBS in United Kingdom?

All Indian students can apply for four types of medicine courses through UCAS website. The deadline for applying for medicine course is 15th October every year, where the course of study starts from the subsequent year in the month of September.

Most of the universities in UK require admission tests to enroll in MBBS. These tests are mandatory to get admission in the relevant course, which forms part of the UCAS application. The results of the admission test will be automatically sent to the UCAS application.

Followed by test and online application, eligible students, receive invitation for interview. While some universities conduct online interview through skype, some universities require the students to visit the University and take interview in person.

Admission Test

UKCAT

All applications, before they apply through UCAS should take up the test in UKCAT. Twenty five medical schools in UK use UKCAT score to offer admission to the candidates.

BMAT

This is another entrance exam, called by seven medical schools in UK. Students should register themselves to take this test after sending their application through UCAS. Generally, this test is conducted during the month of November and the results are sent directly to the relevant medical schools.

GAMSAT

This is a common medical entrance exam, used for different medicine courses, inclusive of MBBS. However, this is not merely enough to get qualified for MBBS in UK. Along with UKCAT, students can also take this exam and complete before applying through UCAS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?